Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to do something different with my fuel cap... Give me some ideas, pictures etc.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I love those things. One will probably be making its way to my car before its done.

Some guys graft fuel doors over a recessed filler cap. Looks great IF you use the right shape of door.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah since my car is being repainted I might as well change gas cap to fit the look of the pro touring theme.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm wanting to do something different with my fuel cap... Give me some ideas, pictures etc.
Look at my post from earlier today Power. I got a great deal on mine and put a link there also.
1963warwagon2

·
Registered
212 Posts
Power, it really depends on the genre of your '67, i.e. prostreet, gasser, cruiser, restored etc.

The gas cap assembly you listed would look good on say a prostreet car, but would look not so good on a cruiser or gasser.

My opinion in a case like this is less is more.

Hagan Auto Smooth Gas Doors

This is their example of the round flat, but they have oval, square, teardrop, rectangular etc available and they all seem to be about $135.00 each.

These have been used in the street rod cars for years and look great. They are available for all sorts of curved or flat surfaces. These would look good on just about any genre of Nova.

Just my 2¢.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is a Eddie Motorsports one, dosen't have a lock. I think they have a new one now for the 1st & 2nd Gen's. I had to put a spacer behind mine to flush it out.
Rebob
What did you use for a spacer, did you make one or buy one?
Thanks
Travis:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Travis
I basically made a big aluminum washer ,3/8 or 1/4 thick,I don't remember,to put between the cap and the body.
Rick
Yeah thats what I was kinda thinkin too, did you grind the lip flat on the original body/filler neck area? or leave it?
Travis

·
Registered
293 Posts
I cut the entire end off the filler tube that the cap goes on and used rubber gas tank hose to connect the new cap to the filler tube. I also added a weld on bung to the top of the filler tube so I could install a fitting for a 3/8" vent line.
I meant on the body itself, did you do any mods on that area?
Travis

1 - 20 of 36 Posts