Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO for some reason out of no where, now that my car is running and looks just about done, i cant let go the idea of getting an aftermarket front clip, and now converting to a manual transmission!:yes: so right now i just need help gathering all the info needed to do this, not so much for the front clips, I already have that figured out, but as far as manual transmissions conversions, i know very little, so I wanted to see if i can get some advice on how to go about it, i currently have a TH-350 with a lokar floor shifter, what im trying to accomplish is buying a TKO600 5 speed trans, but if i can get some details and maybe some pictures, that would help me alot, i want to do it around the same time i install the front clip, so all in all, my question for you guys is ..

-how to properly fit a TKO600 in my trans tunnel.? what to look out for ?

-what clutch pedal assemblies will work great? example...(http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-340-1290) will this work?

-how to properly mount clutch pedal assembly

-pedal stop?

-hydraulic clutch set up/master cylinder bore size?
example ..(http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cmb-14-0013)
what is recommended?
-bellhousing set up?

so pretty much everything to make a TKO600 fit and work properly behind my sbc as i have very little knowledge of a conversion like this, i have looked on the site before for info but i seem to just get half of whats going on, i would just like steps of a fresh start build or conversion, from start to finish,

pictures/part numbers/suggestions are all welcome and greatly appreciated, Im really pumped to get things:D again thanks for the help

Esteban Mejia

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think you need to get on the phone with one of the major vendors who sell these conversions . I know a few of them will sell the complete kit all the parts and the set up instructions.

I also know that with a new front clip it will be an easier set up too.

You might start with Hurst and then Keisler and then Classic Chevy 5 speed ( 6 speed) . They all are well informed on kits to do this.

One note of caution, most of these kits work well with standard rear end gear ratios 3:08 to 3:55. If you have 4:11s like I do the " short" first gears offered are useless.

Just have your facts together and then call one or more of these guys and ask questions, lots of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts