Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I'm trying to find a set of wiper arms for my 65. Can someone tell me the correct length? Mine were missing when I bought this project. I've searched on eBay. Some ads state that the arms are the same as a chevelle? If that's true, I know I can get a set of repops from NPD as they carry Chevelle parts. I'd be ok with a clean used set though. Just want to make sure I get the right ones. Hit me up if anyone as an extra set for sale.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm not sure if the 63's and 65's are the same but mine were mising also, got some at a swap meet and they are 13" long. The blades are also 13" long.Mine are SS I think, Good luck.

·
14,009 Posts
There are 3 parts.....arm, blade holder and blade filler (rubber). The arms from 62-67 were all 13 inches long, but the 62-65 were bright finish. They started dulling them out in '66. The blade holders and fillers are 13 inch for hardtops and convertibles, 15 inch for sedans and wagons.

Bob

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have an extra set of arms. They are in near perfect condition. They were in the trunk of my 65 sedan. They say TRICO Patents 2511129, 2564819, 2804639 CAN 1949
I am willing to sell them. If you are interested send me a PM.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys! That's what I needed to know. 13 in arms. I want to say a chevelle is 15"? Not sure though. PM sent for that set. Thanks again guys.

Scott

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that for the arms? Or the Blades?
Figured it out. But ran into a problem with these. Found a set at my local Napa. Problem with these are they do not fit onto the arms I got pictured above from a fellow member. Arms are not the problem. The blades will not attach to the arms. Looks like they are made for a thinner arm. The package says for a 5mm arm. The arm is too wide to slip into the blade attachment. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are 3 parts.....arm, blade holder and blade filler (rubber). The arms from 62-67 were all 13 inches long, but the 62-65 were bright finish. They started dulling them out in '66. The blade holders and fillers are 13 inch for hardtops and convertibles, 15 inch for sedans and wagons.

Bob
Thanks for that info Bob. Question? I've always wondered about this. Do the hardtops and convertibles have a shorter windshield? That has always confused me. The difference between a hardtop and sedan. They look the same to me. But I guess not?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought both from NAPA for my 68. I think if you ask for the Classic style, they can help you out.
These were the only "classic" ones they had. Guess the stock arms are 7mm and these blades from Napa are for 5mm. I'll be returning them and will ask if they have any other sizes. I'm doubtful though.

·
14,009 Posts
Thanks for that info Bob. Question? I've always wondered about this. Do the hardtops and convertibles have a shorter windshield? That has always confused me. The difference between a hardtop and sedan. They look the same to me. But I guess not?
Yes, hardtops and convertible windshields aren't as deep as sedans and wagons.

Bob

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
DAMN I HAD A SET PF ARMS I WOULDA JUS' GIVIN' TO YOU HAD I KNOWN YOU NEEDED THEM! I ENDED UP THROWIN THEM OUT! THEY CAME OFF A '67 SEDAN AND LOOKED GOOD! :yes:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DAMN I HAD A SET PF ARMS I WOULDA JUS' GIVIN' TO YOU HAD I KNOWN YOU NEEDED THEM! I ENDED UP THROWIN THEM OUT! THEY CAME OFF A '67 SEDAN AND LOOKED GOOD! :yes:
:eek: :slap: :D:D Man! Ya I've trown things out after sitting so long. Just never know and can't keep everything! Well you can if you want to hoard!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I also purchased the Classic wiper arms from NAPA. I only needed the rubber blades the arms were dull chrome not the Shinny chrome that matches my car. I just took the blades and chucked the arms in the trash. Now I wonder if they would have fit or not.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Just went out to measure mine for ya.

:yes: Looks like 13" is a winner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts