Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m looking for a 3500 stall converter for my th400 anyone know any brands that makes pretty loose 3500 stalls?

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Hey guys I’m looking for a 3500 stall converter for my th400 anyone know any brands that makes pretty loose 3500 stalls?
I have a circle d and a PTC converter in two of my cars
I think they are going to hard to beat. After a drag week I asked circle d to restall it and I just had to pay for shipping to them
Very pleased

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are relatively loose
I think they are going to hard to beat. After a drag week I asked circle d to restall it and I just had to pay for shipping to them
Very pleased

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they relatively loose I meant
Are relatively loose
Very pleased

·
Registered
28 Posts
After recommendations from several fellow members, I contacted Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts for a converter for my Street/Strip 66. Not only I was very happy with the personal service, but the converter has also performed flawlessly. :yes:

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
After trying a couple "off the shelf" name brand convertors (and dissatisfied with how these convertors felt and performed), I called Edge convertors and ordered a custom built Street Edge for my Nova. Edge convertors are very reasonably priced and I am very happy with the results.
http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/th400-c-12_16/

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What do you mean loose? Either its a 3500 stall or its not. Anything else is inefficient after 3500. If it needs to stall higher then that is what you need.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It depends on how you are using the car. If its mainly a street car, cheaper converters like TCI Street Fighter or Super Street Fighter will work fine. If you are racing it a lot, go with a better convertor like ATI or PTC. Now I do have a friend who bracket races and runs very consistently with an off the shelf TCI 8" race convertor, but over the years he had to try a few to get the one that worked best.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You're far better off calling a professional converter shop and having them build you one to your "desired stall" than to pick an off-the-shelf unit that may or may not perform the way you want it to.

Camshaft profile, rear gears, vehicle weight, and driving patterns are paramount to getting the right unit installed. A good, purpose-built converter will stall when you want it to, and still cruise without being wasteful.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Freakshow Performance built my 4000/4200 in my car behind my 383. I think he charges about $350. I ran one of his in the last Nova, but now he owns his own shop. Been running this converter for 3 years. He will rework it one time for free if you send it back also. He has a Facebook page and also sells on Ebay.

I also like Hughes and have a 3500 that my buddy put about 100 miles on behind his 383 I built him before he went to a 3500 and a 700r4. I'm putting that 3500 behind my 400sbc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have been really happy with my Dice Converter. Jeff is the go to guy here in southern California. He nailed it on my converter, as well as every other racer I know. He also builds street converters too. All custom speced to your combination. Give him a call 818-850-6001.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used Edge converters for 20 years and have had great results from them. I recommended them to a few friends thst had troublexwith others and they were very happy after switches g to Edge.Call Andre at Edge and he can match a converter to your car cam torque etc. Andre worked there for years and knows what hecis doing.He now owns the business. 2 year warranty and great customer service.All the companys the other guys recommended are good and i know picking one can get confusing...good luck with your build!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts