Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1964 Nova that needs some love, so I’m looking for some resources. Any place that you would buy stuff from.

I realize that some of the body panels might need some extra attention to get them to fit, but who makes and sells the best. I’m looking for a stock hood. I have a hood that could be saved, so I’ll have to make a decision on that. I have a couple of repairable fenders. I also have a truck lid that has some rust though on the underside about where the gasket is at the front of the lid.

Now onto interiors, who makes and sells the best stuff?

Same questions about rubber w/s seals and weather stripping.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
That's a lot of questions at once. There are a bunch of threads on the subjects you mention, but I'll answer two of them. I always, always prefer original panels over reproduction. If the fenders are repairable, or if you have access to some other affordable used pieces, try to make those work. Sometimes in rustier parts of the country good panels are hard to find, but that's my two cents. Steele rubber, at least for all the windows, has always been the best fitting stuff for the cars I have had. Weird name for a rubber company, but that's what I used.

You might search the community (bar at the top of the home page here) for specific parts or questions you have. A lot of good information there.

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
7,155 Posts
I've used PUI interiors in both my 65 wagon and 67 4 door, with no issues. They are not an exact replica of the fabric used, but they fit well. About 10 years ago, you could buy the original fabrics from SMS but it was pricey and may not be available now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just received a new hood today from Classic Industries, a very nice piece. In the next few weeks I’ll install it; which I think will go fine. This hood looks better than some of the stuff I saw 40 years ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received a new trunk lid today, it was from Auto Metal Direct. Another very nice pieces. Packaging on both items were very good and no damage to either the hood or trunk lid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts