Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost everything is made in China... or overseas... it does kinda make me sick... to think how my beautiful rat rod... that was once made... most likely with all US parts... will now be repaired... with parts... "lacking the American Spirit". My friend suggested I look for replacement parts... through OPG... but do any of you guys... have a better source for buying replacement parts... I am very much open to suggestion

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
OPG does not sell Nova parts (unless things have changed), so that is out. And they are going to be predominately overseas parts as well. There is a general misconception that different parts houses sell "different" parts, even to the point that they are an actual brand. Most repop parts are made overseas by a handful of manufacturing facilities. The big resto parts houses then just rebrand the items. There isn't the demand to have 10 different places making Nova door panels or instrument cluster lenses or headlamp bezels.

Now some items do have different manufacturers that do vary in quality. In some instances even being USA made. Lenses are an example of that. You can get cheap Taiwanese up to expensive USA made. A good example of quality variation is the 1962 - 64 headlamp bezels. The OER ones have fitment issues, the TWE ones look great. Not all overseas repop parts are bad and not all USA made ones are good (weatherstrips and seals as many have learned).

If you want to stay all USA, which some people do, it is all used, NOS and a small subset of repop parts. Totally doable, just not going to be cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts