Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I'm missing some parts, but I cannot get my linkage to open the carb WOT. If anyone has a pic or can tell me maybe what I'm doing wrong

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Is this a stock engine with all stock parts? I'll bet not since you're having problems. Is it the cable gas peddle or all metal with the rod? If whatever you have is stroking as far as it can in both directions then lower the point on the carb where the linkage attachs and that should get it to open all the way. Taller manifolds and aftermarket carbs tend to goof up the linkage angles so you have to resolve them. JMHO, RM

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gas

Real Mccoy thanx for the reply, its not stock but a race car at this point. It is the old metal rods combo, I bought some new parts from year one (gas pedal tension spring, bushings, and pin, but I can't seem to set up the gas pedal to where it comes off the floor on the inside a few inches and stays there. I have found out while installing my NOS kit this winter that part of my perfromance problem last year was that the secondaries weren't even opening half way, hence the gas pedal linkage problem. It seems like I'm missing something in the area of the proper positon of the gas pedal. It would bottom out on the floor without the carb opening WOT. Hope this helps out a little.

thanx again Mike

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
When the rod for the pedal is on the floor the stamped plate under the hood that the rod connects to should be against the firewall. If you have that then you have all it's got. RM

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gas

Thanx RM, I'll check that out tonight!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts