Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my 72 nova has a basically new chevy crate 350 HO. Its got good power and great sound but i am looking for more. I basically want to keep my drivability but gain torque and horsepower. i want to be able to jump in the car at any point and drive distance with no problems. can anyone offer suggestions as to what i can do to the engine this winter? thanks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yes it is, But respect it and you should be good to go. Thats why this exact kit is best for his car, only 125hp, at the finger tip, to problem with reliability, just push a button and enjoy.

Plus if you use medical grade and you end up with not using it you can have one hellava night with the waawaas..

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
1.) Curve kit for distributor
2.) Set total timing to optimal setting (i.e. 32-36 degrees)
3.) Four barrell carb
4.) Aluminum dual plane intake manifold
5.) Headers
6.) Low restriction mufflers (i.e. Flowmasters)
7.) Rear gears (remove stock 3.08 and install 3.55 for street use)
8.) Install cooler thermostat (remove 195 and install 180)

One of the cheapest things I ever did to my car to make it faster was installing a curve kit in the distributor and setting my total timing to the optimal setting. Requires a timing light, curve kit, and a few hours of time. Most curve kits are only $8 or so. If you're car likes another 2-4 degrees of total timing, and you then bring it in sooner around 2500 RPM instead of the stock 4000 RPM setting, that should really wake it up without even doing much work at all.

Once you get beyond the above stuff you get into more expensive/more labor jobs like camshaft, heads, etc.

A trans shift kit adds to the fun factor of the car as well, though I dont know how much it actually makes it quicker. Chirping the tires into 2nd around town is always cool. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts