Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined the forum to get some more details about a 1973 Chevy Nova 307 V8 that I did a barn find on. I was going to post this in the other section however I do not have permission to.

I can't find many if any 1973 4-door Novas online, mainly just the 2-doors. Also the engine is a 307 V8.

Wanted to post here to find more information about these particular models, its history. I also was wondering how these are valued, as I mentioned I can only find the 2-doors...not sure if that impacts the value (Quick Google search/eBay) just as peace of mind (I INTEND TO KEEP, NOT SELL)

Thanks
Tom

Window Hood Car Motor vehicle Fixture

Water Grey Floor Road surface Composite material

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Floor Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Gas Nut
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Metal Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Generally speaking, 4 doors are valued lower than their 2 door counterparts. Sometimes significantly lower, the to the point of "can't give it away". That's not to say that there aren't people out there who find higher personal value in a 4 door, or who would never even consider buying/owning a 2 door (frankly, I'm pretty bitter that GM never made a 3rd gen 4 door Nova wagon..), just that when looking at it from a pure dollars standpoint - the 4 doors are worth less.

You'll also find that any 4 door specific parts will be harder to come by, even used, and aren't likely to be reproduced, ever.

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
7,062 Posts
I'm not up on actual values, but a 4 door is always going to be worth less than a comparable 2 door. How much, that I don't have a clue on.

·
15,760 Posts
Some 1973 Nova facts. Third highest year for Chevy II/Nova production (1974 and 1963 were highest) with almost 370,000 units. 194,000 two doors built, 91,000 two door
hatchbacks and 84,300 four door sedans. Last year for the 307 V/8 CID engine, which put out 115 net horsepower. As already mentioned, 2 doors are the desirable models in the car hobby world. Even though 1973 Nova 4 doors were rarer in terms of production, that doesn't equate to greater value or desirability. The fact this car is a 4 door with a V/8 gives it a bit of a leg up over the 100HP six cylinder. Can't see the lower part of the body, but the upper part looks solid. Car was built Midnight Green with a green cloth bench seat interior.

Bob

Reactions: 73nova19

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some 1973 Nova facts. Third highest year for Chevy II/Nova production (1974 and 1963 were highest) with almost 370,000 units. 194,000 two doors built, 91,000 two door
hatchbacks and 84,300 four door sedans. Last year for the 307 V/8 CID engine, which put out 115 net horsepower. As already mentioned, 2 doors are the desirable models in the car hobby world. Even though 1973 Nova 4 doors were rarer in terms of production, that doesn't equate to greater value or desirability. The fact this car is a 4 door with a V/8 gives it a bit of a leg up over the 100HP six cylinder. Can't see the lower part of the body, but the upper part looks solid. Car was built Midnight Green with a green cloth bench seat interior.

Bob
thanks for the info! This is the type of stuff I am looking for! Don’t have any picture of the underneath but will get some eventually

1 - 9 of 9 Posts