Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a link to find out what is the 1/4 mile time or speed that I would need a roll bar installed in my 69 nova, or any other safety devices.Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Same with NHRA; then if you have a bar you have to have the belts(every 2 years)If you run slicks you need a driveshaft loop, if you have the battery in the trunk you need a kill switch, if you also have a fuel cell in there you need a metal firewall between the trunk and interior..........How fast do you really want to go? I'd like to make some more 9 sec. passes, but I don't want to finish the cage, window net, full suit, gloves, collar, etc...........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will they let me on the track with out a kill switch on the back end?,like for test and tune on wednesday nites? I really don't want to drill the body on the car just got it painted.:(

·
Registered
475 Posts
Redryder said:
will they let me on the track with out a kill switch on the back end?,like for test and tune on wednesday nites? I really don't want to drill the body on the car just got it painted.:(
If your battery is in the trunk then yes...you will need to have a cutoff switch. Also, the switch has to cut power to the engine, in other words when the switch is turned off it kills power from the battery and shuts the engine down too.
I have seen a lot of guys put the switch through the tail light, so you might want to find an old tail light to drill for the switch.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
At what speed in the 1/8 will you need a roll bar? thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
just a thought but ive seen kill switchs put through the rear tailight. dont know if you could do it and retain all the bulbs but would make it so you don't have to drill through the paint. i just put mine right next to the light but i dont have new paint.

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
i believe at 7.49 in the 1/8th you need a bar. about equivalent to a 12.0 or high 11 i think is what they say

1 - 9 of 9 Posts