Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys I need help with setting the pinion angle on my rear end....or should I say I need "An Idiots Guide to setting Pinion Angles" :eek:

I had to replace the Ring and Pinion in my 12 bolt narrowed Rear end and then while it was up in the air we discovered that the old Quarter Max Ladder Bars have been rubbing on the Tube frame back half of the car so badly that they had to be replaced so Off they came and I replaced them with a all new set of C.E. Ladder/Link bars.....and of course in order to correct the rubbing problem that was there in the first place and that fact that the C.E. bars are alot bigger and stronger we had to make some major modifications to get everything to fit and work right....well now we have everything all back in place and the rear end back in the car but I want to make sure I have the pinion angle right and believe it or not I have never had to do this before so it's kind of a learn as you go process.....

I have Qa1 Coil over adjustable rear shocks and a new "Beefier" Track Locator Bar as well and can provide any photos needed of the new set up if that will help.

I will welcome and greatly appreciate any advice or information on where to find the info I need to set the angle.....I have it close but close only counts in Horseshoes & Hand Grenades and I do NOT want to grenade all the hard work thats been done so far.

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks you guys .....a ton of great information that even a dumb old country boy like me can understand.
Thanks Again,
Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts