Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 72 nova with a modern crate 350 in it. its got summit racing headers on it but the ceramic coating is worn off. I was wondering what everyone suggests for reasonably priced headers that offer great sound and performance? i dont want to spend 600$ but i need decent quality that will hold up. thanks. also what size tubing do you recommend etc.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I put black jack headers on my 69 way back in 1993. Still on the car, no problems with blown out gaskets, but I use GOOD gaskets, not the cheap white ones.

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Dynatechs, you will not be disappointed with them. Ceramic coated the only way to go no matter what brand you choose.

Chunk any gaskets that come with them if they are not FelPro blues or similar type. Gaskets should last without any issues.

Forgot to say you gots a Beautiful car. Nice

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dynatechs, you will not be disappointed with them. Ceramic coated the only way to go no matter what brand you choose.

Chunk any gaskets that come with them if they are not FelPro blues or similar type. Gaskets should last without any issues.

Forgot to say you gots a Beautiful car. Nice
I have the DynaTechs also and love them.
I definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
hey guys, i have a 72 nova with a modern crate 350 in it. its got summit racing headers on it but the ceramic coating is worn off. I was wondering what everyone suggests for reasonably priced headers that offer great sound and performance? i dont want to spend 600$ but i need decent quality that will hold up. thanks. also what size tubing do you recommend etc.
Are you're old headers to far gone to have them recoated? 1 5/8 would be the correct tube diameter. RICK

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Fel-Pro gaskets are the ONLY gaskets that hold up.That's all I will use.
Yes sir, after the first cool down then retighten them. Do that a couple more times and you are good for the life of that engine. If you take them off, you can reuse them providing they don't stick to fresh paint if using iron heads. Can't hardly beat them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got Hooker Super Comps. $500 a set uncoated but worth it.

Passenger's side drops right in. Use a lift or a series of blocks to get the car up about 3 feet to get the driver's side in. Had to "massage" the firewall for installation. Clearance is good from the steering box. I can access all the plugs in short order, but it does require some special twisting and a good header socket.

They're beautiful headers but a pain in the butt to work with.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have Hooker Super Comps on my 74 Omega, 350/350. You're right, they are great headers. I have no problems with plugs but we're comparing apples to oranges, (Chevy engine vs. Olds).

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
The Patriot SBC Shorty Headers that I bought from Parr Automotive, OK City, are hollding up very well. They are on a 350 V8 in a 68 Chevy II.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
SUMMIT HAS A GOOD SET, COMES WITH PIPES & MUFFLERS TOO! :yes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm also looking for headers and have read great things about Dynatechs. Seems as though summit isn't to accurate with telling me what actually will fit in my 73 Nova with a 350. I was looking at the competition headers can anyone verify the pair that fits in our Novas. Thanks - Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts