Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know how else to title this thread, but I'm looking to have my son's 10 bolt posi rechecked. He had a posi unit with 3.73's installed quite awhile ago and it's made a slight noise ever since. Last weekend he removed the cover to fix a minor leak and saw that one of the shims was coming out, or was broke off.:eek::eek: Anyway, I was hoping to find someone in South OC if possible. Any ideas??
Joe

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Joe
The friend of Al's that did his. From what I have seen and from what Al says he is good.
He checked out an 8.5 I bought and installed pinion and axle seals for me and charged me $40
He told me to rebuild one out of the car he gets $200 labor plus parts. He sells the parts for about what he pays.
I will be having him do my sons 8.5 as soon as he gets the money.
He is in Ontario.
Pull the rearend out and come up for our MFR Dinner we are having on Sat and I can drop it off at his shop on Mon. and I will even bring it back down to you when it is done. Just a thought. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer Wade. The main problem is that the car is sitting in front of my house and we can't really work on it in the street. It's an "association" kind of thing. Anyway, the car is drivable, so I was hoping to just take it somewhere and have it checked out.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Thanks for the offer Wade. The main problem is that the car is sitting in front of my house and we can't really work on it in the street. It's an "association" kind of thing. Anyway, the car is drivable, so I was hoping to just take it somewhere and have it checked out.
If you want to drive it up to Ontario, I can give you his number and you can talk to him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts