Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to install MSD 6AL unit today. Wire everything up as directed and can not get motor to start. Went to MSD web site to look for some answers and saw what seems to be a endless sea of problems. Is this just me feeling upset that I lost a chance to enjoy my car on a very nice Michigan day. Are these units prone to problems or is this a freak thing that I will figure out. I have alway pride myself knowing that I could go out anytime and start and go where ever I wanted in this car knowing it would return me home with out fail. I see on their web page of these units working one day and breaking down the next. I really only wanted to install it for the rev limiter just in case I ever missed a gear. Would I be better up just using what been dependable for the last four year which is the standard 4 pin HEI. I guess You can kind of tell this has be pretty upset. Has anyone else had problems with their MSD units. Whats the pros and cons. I throught the pros would be a cleaner burn of the fuel. Maybe a little better responce and the safety of rev limiter. These are all good things as long as this thing isn't going to leave me on the side of the road. That is if I can figure out first why its not starting. When I went out this morning to pull it out of the garage to work on it. I hit the gas once and just touched the key and that motor just jumped to life.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts