Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I’m looking for advice on a good wax to use on my Nova? I’m sure this has been covered somewhere. I’m open to anything pretty green on the car waxing, a guy at work is giving me a buffer machine thingy
thanks in advance

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've always liked Mother's Synthetic. Goes on easy, comes off easy and seems to last a long time.
I just had my Nova painted by my local shop and the owner advised me to just use glaze on it. He said since it's a nice day car, there's no need for a cleaning agent, and glaze will keep a finer polish and not build up. He also advised not to wash it unless it gets really dirty. Just a wet sponge to wipe off any grime, dust with a CA duster, and the glaze.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've always used the classics available at my local auto parts stores (mothers, etc) but I'd do some research online. There are several new companies who are great that don't get all the attention (adams).

·
Registered
499 Posts
Chemical Guys have good products also.

I've always used the classics available at my local auto parts stores (mothers, etc) but I'd do some research online. There are several new companies who are great that don't get all the attention (adams).

·
Registered
574 Posts
wax

I use turtle ice seal n shine ,it lasts for ever , super easy to use . also there wash . tire dressing chemical guys VR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again I did pick up some chemical guys wash and there butter wet wax, as well as a clay bar kit. Any insight on the clay bar? It will be my first kick at it

·
Registered
1972 Nova
376 Posts
I always recommend polishing after using a clay bar, as you will probably introduce fine scratches to the paint. You can use a quick detailer as lubricant for the clay, or wash the car and soap each panel again, using the soapy water as a lubricant. They are easy, and make a big difference on a car that is around contaminants (overspray, outdoor buildup, iron/brake dust, road tar residue sometimes), but if it's a newer paint job or always kept indoors it might not be a huge difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts