Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so my nova is in need of some body work not a whole lot LUCKILY! but now that im out here in lemmon south dakota i need to find a body shop that can hook my baby up!

so if you guys know of any hit me up with the name and address and maybe a phone number or web site!!

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
how far are you willing to go for a good body shop? What type of work is needed and what time frame are you looking at? BTW, how is the job search going? Greenova

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well depends how much they are gonna charge me lol.... there is a shop out here told me 6k for the body work alone WAY TOOO MUCH for what needs to be done!! in my opinion i was quoted at 1200 back in cali and the dude was gonna re prep for paint lol....

time is some what a factor for me just because the farther away the shop the sooner im gonna want it back so i dont have to worry about my baby!:D

but i can travel a good way if the price is right and hte work is awesome! i mean i did drive her 1600 miles:yes:

but for now im just looking to get my doors worked on and my right rear 1/4 they have small dings and dents every where the doors have some wrinkles in them from the years of ***** holes in parking lots! lol or the owner i bought it off of just didnt take care of the car and let the doors hit $h1T :(

i dont want the car painted yet cuz ill be getting a new hood and may put on new fenders up front just for the hell of it lol

over all its pretty much dings from its 40 years of being on the roads

·
Registered
245 Posts
Knowing a guy who does body work always helps. I knew at least 3 really well and only one is still in that line of work. Lots of labor little reward was how it sounded.

If you feel like a road trip try Steen & Berg in Fargo. 701-235-8474. I know the son who is taking over for the father. Been in business dang near since cars started rolling. Always give me a fair price. Nothings cheap but was happy when i left.

Ask for Kevin and tell him Damon with the black nova told you to try here.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that thing needs a complete overhaul 6 grand sounds about right to fix that rust bucket :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
dont you wish mister i painted over my F'd up body! lol :devil:

you is hating cuz you can hear my nova coming a block away and your lil nova is all quiet lol.....

by the way have you decided on what exhaust you are getting for your nova??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Knowing a guy who does body work always helps. I knew at least 3 really well and only one is still in that line of work. Lots of labor little reward was how it sounded.

If you feel like a road trip try Steen & Berg in Fargo. 701-235-8474. I know the son who is taking over for the father. Been in business dang near since cars started rolling. Always give me a fair price. Nothings cheap but was happy when i left.

Ask for Kevin and tell him Damon with the black nova told you to try here.
kool thanks bro! i think fargo is with my range ill have to check it on my GPS tomorrow but ill give them a call and see whats up...

and yeah i know it aint cheap but when he told me 6k i was like THATS NUTS! lol and that was to leave it bare metal i was like:eek: lol the most i was coated for in cali was 3k and that was from a classic car guy that built 3 novas him self in his shop lol i only wish i had the money to have him work on my nova before i moved :yes:

well thanks again for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Josh 6k sounds about right for somebody to do a good job.

Our shop Just charged a 57 chevy owner 5k to do a "daily driver" restore. we did not spend a whole lot of time on it. we completly stripped it fixed the rust and got out the dents most of the way then added a thin coat of filler primed blocked and painted it

Most of our cars are 50k+ restorations. some even 100k!

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
dont you wish mister i painted over my F'd up body! lol :devil:

you is hating cuz you can hear my nova coming a block away and your lil nova is all quiet lol.....

by the way have you decided on what exhaust you are getting for your nova??
ya body work is something that most the time is expensive but some people take it over board on the price but i can understand it sucks man. ya i picked my exhaust already bro

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya body work is something that most the time is expensive but some people take it over board on the price but i can understand it sucks man. ya i picked my exhaust already bro
yeah i completely under stand that alot of times body work is a costly investment but were im coming from looking at my nova i think 6k is a lil overboard... now if he said like 4k i can see that as being reasonable with that price.... he's gotta keep his shop open but 6k is a lil out of hand for what my body work needs....

i can take of the doors and everything else and ill most likely supply the parts needed to replace everything and just have them put it back together and take care of any or all imperfections from manufacturer and what not... well i cant take off the rear 1/4 that well be on them....

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
people dont take it "overboard"

You have to understand that when that car leaves the shop it has THAT shops name on it. no matter what.

so if you don't fix somebody elses **** ups then makes your shop look bad

which is why a good shop is expensive. sure you could pay somebody who is "o.k" at it for cheaper but i can almost guarantee your going to be paying for it in the long run...

·
Registered
11,904 Posts

You have to understand that when that car leaves the shop it has THAT shops name on it. no matter what.

which is why a good shop is expensive. sure you could pay somebody who is "o.k" at it for cheaper but i can almost guarantee your going to be paying for it in the long run...
some shops go out to make it seem like it cost that price but in reality its bull crap i had a 69 before that had some pretty crappy paint but the body was good on it just had those little holds from the moldings and the guy "examined it" pretty much looked at it for 2 secs and tells me the "best" i can do is $7500 i was like wow are you serious i paid only 1800 for my car i was like ya ill get back to you on that i go down the street to a private shop they quote me 2400 WITH PAINT the others quote didnt even include paint, then it turns out the shops owner was my dads friend so i paid only $1400 for everything out the door and it came out pretty dam good not perfect but i was complaining

·
Registered
34 Posts
body shop

Hey there

Give gerry Remily at REM INC. in lake Preston south dakota a call..

605 847 4465 one of the best around and less expensive than most

it is a good ways away from lemon but it would be worth it..

tell matt muser told you to call ..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey there

Give gerry Remily at REM INC. in lake Preston south dakota a call..

605 847 4465 one of the best around and less expensive than most

it is a good ways away from lemon but it would be worth it..

tell matt muser told you to call ..
cool thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

evan you need to leave your perfect lil world lol alot of shops over price their work good or bad! i was already warned out here by the locals to be careful cuz alot of shops and what not out here will try and charge you way more if they havent seen you around and yeah they pretty much have two prices one for out of towners and one for the locals... so thats why im looking around for a better price... i'm gonna pay for good work and im gonna have the job done right! but like i said 6k is a lil overboard for what i need done ESP! when i can do most of the labor for them and supply the parts they need! then they can put it back together and fix the imperfections....

ive been to unheard of shops back in cali for quotes half the idiots couldnt give me a quote on the body work because " your car is to old and not in are computers" and then others would take a quick walk around my car and quote not really inspecting the damage and then say oh you are looking at this and that and quote me almosts 7k i just laugh at them and tell them no thanks! and then i get to good shops like the one i took my car to, to have my left rear 1/4 replaced and he said he good do everything for 3k! and HIS WORK AND CARS WIN AWARDS AT SHOWS! so im pretty sure 6k is a lil overboard..... thats my personal opinion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts