Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2 owner, drivetrain numbers matching Nova ss 350. It is a 4 speed w12 bolt position. Has “documented” 40k miles, original sale paper work and protect O plate. It has been repainted, was originally shadow gray. It was one painted red and now it is silver. Original top and glass.
This vehicle is in very original condition. Has not been driven much over the past 20+ years. It has 40 year old tires on it. There is some sort of black undercoating on the vehicle that doesn’t seem right. I will post some pics. Curious what you guys think something like this is worth or what a good purchase price would be.

·
Registered
237 Posts
A friend recently purchased a 375hp/396” 69 SS Chevelle, the car is absolutely show quality with 56K miles. The undercarriage on this car is immaculate. Paid about $45k.
This Nova will need stripped to be repainted the original color; the body/ paint work alone will be relatively expensive, if you hire it out.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Car looks a bit rough underneath. Particles are laying on the floor under it, tires look dry rotted, muffler hanging by wire leads me to believe the car hasn't cared for. But the history sounds good, if it's true. It must not have been stored very well, pretty rough shape for 40k. I'll leave the value to more experts than myself.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
488 Posts
If its as represented and no hidden major damage, i’d ballpark the selling price before restoration around $25k. After restoration, maybe around $35k.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
The hood and fender gaps are terrible. Must have been hit and then poorly reassembled prior to repaint. I think the sad condition of the muffler tells the facts of this story.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yep maybe $20 at best. I bought a survivor '73 in about the same shape for $6k and have $17k in it not. Paint is becoming prohibitive. unless you DIY. Mine had a nearly perfect body. Very little rust.
Unfortunately it had everything SS, except the badging. not true SS. Knew that going in, so not disappointed. That being said, I consider my car a $17k car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts