Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings... As my intro says I was in the market for a Chevelle which I always loved. Just couldn't find one in my price range. Then this ad jumped out at me for a 67 Chevy II. Not knowing much about them but loving the long square body type cars (past 65 GTO owner) I went to check it out. Got what I believe was a good deal but the guy who started this thing must not have been bright since he put a 66 front end on a 67 car. I have done a bunch of work already and have the correct front end ready to go on. He also put SS emblems everywhere and I have no desire to be a clone. So off with all of those as well. I ask a lot of questions and I am open for lot's of advice. As soon as I figure how to upload a picture I will.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome and you can always send me all of your SS items you have removed. I am fighting a similar issue from my car. It is a 67SS, previous owners put on 66 front end but removed all the SS badging...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live right near Ecklers in Florida and they carry just about everything for the Nova. Can't figure out what would make someone put a totally different front end on a car when all the correct parts are readily available. I would definitely send you everything but don't have the money for the new paint job yet so I am stuck with a hybrid for a little longer. Just got the correct trunk trim last night on ebay. It had the 66 SS trunk trim.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Greetings... As my intro says I was in the market for a Chevelle which I always loved. Just couldn't find one in my price range. Then this ad jumped out at me for a 67 Chevy II. Not knowing much about them but loving the long square body type cars (past 65 GTO owner) I went to check it out. Got what I believe was a good deal but the guy who started this thing must not have been bright since he put a 66 front end on a 67 car. I have done a bunch of work already and have the correct front end ready to go on. He also put SS emblems everywhere and I have no desire to be a clone. So off with all of those as well. I ask a lot of questions and I am open for lot's of advice. As soon as I figure how to upload a picture I will.

Thanks
Welcome. This was exactly my story. I was looking for a 70-72 Chevelle and they were all over my budget. So I found my 63 and love it. Your 66-67 find are still the pricier out of the Nova bunch, maybe even up there with the Chevelle’s in project status. As for your hybrid, the car might have been in a minor fender bender back in the day and the owner improvised.

Good luck with the build and post up them pics.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics? Good luck in getting her finished.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
welcome from michigan. an we will not hold that to you that you first looked for a chevelle an later found out the nova was the car to buy. good luck on the change over from 66 to 67. there's always guys looking for those 66 parts you remove.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Welcome to SNS .../...

glad to have you with us ......

like your Nova ....... :cool:

from, Chino Valley, Arizona ......... jim

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Looking forward to seeing the progress of your 67.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts