Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13,965 Posts
Wow! Outstanding Canadian '67 Nova SS with all the documentation. How many 67s do you see with factory headrests? Rare car, but price is in '66 L79 territory. Worth a try, I guess, to see if there's a collector out there with money. For U.S. members, this is about $60,000 in your currency.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,998 Posts
Looks like someone paid some attention to detail. I'd think it had to be an ordered car with headrests, that engine and that trans. I'm not that familiar with a '67 327/275. Is that a Carter or Q-Jet? And Chevrolet script valve covers rather than the typical indented type seen on other '65-'67 Novas?

Crazy rare and cool car, and I can see why so many chose Marina Blue. They look great in that color.

·
13,965 Posts
A number of things that aren't on the documentation appear to have been added to this car...… power brakes, power steering, AM radio and bumper guards. In addition, there was no wood grain steering wheel option for Canadian Chevy IIs in 1967. The wheels would have originally been black, not body color. They have correctly restored the car with body colored firewall and trunk. As for the headrests, they were a popular option in Canada and likely appeared on both dealer and factory ordered cars. It's not unusual to see them documented on six cylinder Super Sports in Canada.

Bob

·
13,965 Posts
Realistically what is this car worth ??
This is another instance of a low production number not necessarily translating into a high demand car with a big price tag. With the exception of a few cosmetics, the Canadian '67 Nova SS was no different than the U.S. model. The Canadian documentation is certainly worth something. However, with this car it also proves a lot of changes have been made from the day it was born. A realistic 'sight unseen' pricing range I would give this car is 35K to 45K.

Bob

PS: The GM documentation shows 431 V/8 Super Sport Novas built in 1967 at Oshawa, Ontario. There were another 185 built as six cylinders. To put this in perspective, there were over 10,000 '67 SS models built in the U.S. In Canada, the entire 1967 Chevy II production was just 6500 cars.

B.

·
Super Moderator
3,998 Posts
Bob, is that a stock configuration for a 327/275 from Canada? I can't tell the carb, and of course, no smog there.

And bottom of the car was blue as well? The Oshawa process seems to have been significantly different in a bunch of smaller ways.

·
13,965 Posts
Bob, is that a stock configuration for a 327/275 from Canada? I can't tell the carb, and of course, no smog there.
And bottom of the car was blue as well? The Oshawa process seems to have been significantly different in a bunch of smaller ways.
As far as I know, it would have had a Rochester Q-jet. There are numerous changes made to this car, so it's not a good example to use for originality.

The underside of the car looks to have been painted during the restoration. Most of the original Canadian cars I've seen have had varying amounts of body color over primer. Nothing was consistent in terms of coverage and most were thin body color with primer showing through. When my Lemonwood Yellow L79 SS was restored, somebody spent a ton of time and effort finishing the underside in body color. It was almost as good as the rest of the car, but attempting to keep it clean was a nightmare.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts