Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Ebay, but this car has been for sale several times in the last few years, originally in Canada where I enquired about it 3 years ago. At that time it had something like 14,000 original miles.
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=000790-200606-000005
I believe it's been in a significant accident, but the selling dealer never responded to that question. The stripes are not correct and the left front fender marker light is very crooked. Compare the height of the Nova Rally emblem on the right front fender with the left side :eek: :eek: . Nice car at first glance, but I'd stay away from this one.
Bob

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I seem to recall seeing that one on ebay some time ago. I also heard the same thing about it being in an accident.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
CdnL79 said:
Not Ebay, but this car has been for sale several times in the last few years, originally in Canada where I enquired about it 3 years ago. At that time it had something like 14,000 original miles.

the seats and interior sure look like more than 14K on it. or maybe, they were just a 14K rough miles. i guess 14K is 14K!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I agree that the stripes are totally incorrect. The ones on Jade's car are closest to what I recall. But the angles of the photographs suck so bad that it's difficult to really get a good judge of the height of the Rally emblem. Front marker light on the right is definitely crooked.

·
Registered
569 Posts
might be a legit Rally , but appears one fender has been changed.

I recall haing this discussiona while back on the 4th gen board, and the ' Nova " fender emblems, versus " Custom or Concours " emblems, DO, indeed have differing heights.

not certain on a 78, but since, near as I've seen, all 78 Rally's were built from concours ( 3 light ) bodies, including Jades, they might have the concours fender emblem locations, and then a 'normal' fender was used in the repair and .. mismatch.

and, wrong stripes all the way, Jade's are correct, probabally original, my own 77 Rally has the stripes redone , not quite correct, but closer than the car in question.

( and low miles does not mean perfect, ask me a bout a certain 29K original miles 78 Phoenix I am now the proud owner of ... lol )

~ AL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts