Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I've been all over the map with projects starting with classic aircooled VW's, Datsuns, K5 Blazers, and now a 66 Chevy II SS (non-L79). I've wanted a 66 Nova for over 15 years and finally found the one. Everything is mostly there except it needs some wiring, motor, and trans. I'm going to do some suspension upgrades along the way but for now I'm doing my best to get it back on the road by the end of summer. The paint has a ton of fish eyes so I'll be repainting it in 2021. I plan on upgrading the rear leafs to either a 4 link or relocating the leaf springs to the inside and going with a mini tub. I'm going to go with a 700R4 w/ a 350 SBC that I have in the shop for now until I find a strong running 327 or have one built. I'll probably ask some dumb questions on here but I learn quickly and I'm more visual than anything so photos help out a ton. I'm not really a car show fanatic, I'm mostly building the car for driving on nice days and cruising with friends and family.

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Hi, Dr. Nick! What part of the U.S. do you call home? Hope it's not Hollywood Upstairs Medical Clinic.

Welcome to the site! You found the right place, and there is a ton of information on SNS. Searching the threads will yield a lot of information, and there are a ton of knowledgeable people on site. Best of luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Dr. Nick! What part of the U.S. do you call home? Hope it's not Hollywood Upstairs Medical Clinic.

Welcome to the site! You found the right place, and there is a ton of information on SNS. Searching the threads will yield a lot of information, and there are a ton of knowledgeable people on site. Best of luck.
I'm in the Seattle, WA area.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!
Sounds like you have a solid plan for 66. Good luck with the upgrades!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Well Hello - - - back toooo - ya . . . . . .

Very nice looking 66 Chevy II , you have there.

and , WELCOME To SNS , from Seattle area .

ps : = = = = = easy too Post - up - pictures right here on site = right into your post .

look here :

Look at the lower "line - at the bottom of this box " . ( "Write Your Reply" ) .

# 1 - - the "paper clip"
# 2 - - the "chain - links"
# 3 - - the "smiley face"

# 4 - - that's the ' camera ' ……………. just find your picture - click on the camera 1st - get u'r picture
………. and, "drop your picture into u'r post " ……………. done .

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
welcome to the nova site. nice lookin 66 you have there to work with. the 66 SS is my favorite model of all the novas. i was out to seattle a few years back an then over to west port for some salmon fishing. didn't much care for the traffic in seattle.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome from Bainbridge Island. By the time I got here the picture won't show up for me. This is THE place for information and help with your Nova.
Victor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts