Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i pulled off the power steering pump when i installed my new mid mount alternator bracket and plugged off the box recently. My power steering is extremely touchy at speed so i decided that i would just run it without the pump and have crappy steering untill i could afford a manual box, pitman arm and rag joint. BAD IDEA! I was going to go to a buddies shop this morning to get my distributor fixed and was backing out of the driveway, turned the wheel to the right out of the driveway and went to turn left when the wheel just locked. I hadn't even thought about the fact that with the box just plugged off that there would be no where for the fluid to circulate too, oops! :eek:. So long story short, i felt like sharing my brain fart with you guys for some entertainment. Pump and hoses are back on for the time being untill i can afford the parts to convert over.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i'm just going to wait just cuz i'm trying to keep it as clean as possible, and i didn't want to deal with running a loop.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
So i pulled off the power steering pump when i installed my new mid mount alternator bracket and plugged off the box recently. My power steering is extremely touchy at speed so i decided that i would just run it without the pump and have crappy steering untill i could afford a manual box, pitman arm and rag joint. BAD IDEA! I was going to go to a buddies shop this morning to get my distributor fixed and was backing out of the driveway, turned the wheel to the right out of the driveway and went to turn left when the wheel just locked. I hadn't even thought about the fact that with the box just plugged off that there would be no where for the fluid to circulate too, oops! :eek:. So long story short, i felt like sharing my brain fart with you guys for some entertainment. Pump and hoses are back on for the time being untill i can afford the parts to convert over.
Hey now... That sounds EXACTLY like something I would do. Thanks for sharin... JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts