Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nightshade- Great pics. THanks!

I have the 67-69 Camaro pedal (bought 2 years ago) that I am going to trial fit in my car and see if I can mount it pretty much like you mounted yours. The main things seems to be to make sure you can mount it "higher" on the firewall so there is no binding of the cable and come out on the engine side just above the valve cover so it angles out pretty straight to the carb.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
laser-red-nova said:
Good pictures. By the way lokar is making a foot pedal just for 1st and 2nd gen novas. thats the one I am instalinng. It bolts right up to the original 2 hole in the firewall were the old linkage went. Now I am puting the cable in, thats why the original question.

just curious, what makes it a 62-67 Nova pedal. isnt the original hole, pretty big, because half of the pedal is outside and the other half on the inside, and the pedal pivots right @ the hole of the firewall. im just curious, because mines looks exactly like NIGHTSHADE. i dont think the cable on a lokar setup will ever be inline directly w/ the carb linkage.

can u send pics of ur setup when ur done. i may need to change my pedal. i also like the floor mounted one, w/ the cable runnin on the outside of the firewall, seems like it would bind less, because of the bend to make the cable work.....

JOHN

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Seattle_Mike said:
I made an angled passthru bushing out of aluminum...seems to work fine.

thats pretty trick MIKE, u prettty much got that sucker straight.. whats it look like on the inside, before it leaves the firewall. u plan on makin anymore...LMK

JOHN

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You will never be in line with the carb on our novas. It is ok to bend it from the firewall to the carb, of course gently as possible. Notice in my pictures how the pedal bracket mounts to the firewall. That is the difference in the new nova pedal compared to the universal ones. I think it is pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
6,851 Posts
Finally got her back together

Here are a couple pics of my set-up. Now have WOT for the first time and it makes powerful noises like I've never heard before.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here is another possibility for Lokar pedals. My buddy had one like the one you guys are using in his nova and it seemed a little tight and a little sloppy, so when we did ours we tried something else (his may have just been improper setup). Really smooth and little or no slop. Just an idea.

Ryan

21 - 35 of 35 Posts