Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the Lokar universal throttle cable. on my 64. Where did you guys drill the hole in the firewall at? Directly in line with the foot pedal? Pictures if ya got them .

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good pictures. By the way lokar is making a foot pedal just for 1st and 2nd gen novas. thats the one I am instalinng. It bolts right up to the original 2 hole in the firewall were the old linkage went. Now I am puting the cable in, thats why the original question.

·
Premium Member
6,851 Posts
I also ordered the Nova pedal direct from Lokar about a week ago. Still waiting for it. Please post pics when you get it installed if you can, I would like to see it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
laser-red-nova said:
I am installing the Lokar universal throttle cable. on my 64. Where did you guys drill the hole in the firewall at? Directly in line with the foot pedal? Pictures if ya got them .
It would be best to try and mount it in a straight line from the pedal thru the firewall because the cable can cut into the teflon liner eventually and bind up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nwayne said:
What's the part number for the pedal? I can't find it on thier web site.

Thanks
I called Locar last week and they told me that they were not selling the 1st-2nd gen. replacement pedal yet, tehy were still working on them. But he did give me the part #'s so I could check back later.
Pedal assy. #BAG6127
Cable & bracket #DP1000HT
I'll be getting one ASAP.

·
Premium Member
6,851 Posts
Ordered a LOK-XBAG6127 from Summit 6/6/06 and was told at that time it was "in-stock" at Lokar and would be drop shipped from them on 6/7/06. Have not received anything except an invoice explaining what I just said. Car is apart and waiting for parts. Oh boy.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I started to install my pedal assembly today . It went fine, Had to drill out the existing holes out just a tad for the bolts to go thru.Hint --tack weld the bolts at the bolt end so you can put it thru the firewall and tighten it on the interior side. Instructions for the carb side of the universal cable from Lokar (LOK-TC-1000HT) were very good. As for the pedal side they were none to be found. Thats why I asked in the previous post how to line up the cable to the firewall. Well the firewall were I drilled is angled. So when I drilled and installed the cable it drags on the inner liner.The kit comes with 2 offset washers but I can not get them to line up.It would have been nice if they would have warned me about the offset in the firewall. I guess I will try to drill the hole out a little bit to see if I can get a staighter shot . The pedal is nice but no instructions. By the way those are the right part#s for the pedal.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Wait until you get the pedal before you drill any holes, since the length of the pedal shafts may be different. I'll post pics of mine later today. (providing that I remember):eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
mrtimstik said:
Ordered a LOK-XBAG6127 from Summit 6/6/06 and was told at that time it was "in-stock" at Lokar and would be drop shipped from them on 6/7/06. Have not received anything except an invoice explaining what I just said. Car is apart and waiting for parts. Oh boy.:rolleyes:

I guess I'll be calling Summit.
:)

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I put a Lokar pedal in my car, but unfortunately at the time there was not a specific one for the Nova. Lokar recommended I use;
Lokar BAG-6096 gas pedal (67-69 Camaro)

My cable exits at about the same place that Wogs64SS does, however I decided to make a coil with mine around the wiper motor and then to the carb. Fortunately I only used the cheap black one so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know how to post. But I got mine in . I called Lokar this morning and they said they are working on better instructions for this new pedal. I had to drill a bigger hole than 5/16.to correct the angle a little. But the secret is those two offset washers they give you in the kit. The washers staighten out the angle.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts