Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
the Flyer said:
psssssst !!! drill a (small as poss) hole in lighter delete plug, install grommet and run tach wires through it ;)

maybe ???
or I could pop the lighter delete out, install a regular grommet, and run the wires in a small black tubing through it.:D Then I can throw the lighter delete plug in the glove box for a rainy day.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
NovatoriusRex said:
Dammit Funky, now you've got me wanting a Lokar shifter installed in my car.

I thought you had to cut more/bigger holes; guess I was wrong. Thanks for the detailed instructions. The result is AWESOME! :D
My pleasure!:D That's the least I can do since I am always referencing your site.:D

Dave, sweet installation! If you remember the original thread on the Lokar floor mount, many of us were interested in how it would go. Thanks for the great ideas and pics. I get the impression that the trans is not in your car yet. Correct? If not, what are your plans for installing the shifter rod linkage? Lokar offers a few options here. Which one did/will you use?

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
sixtyII said:
That looks sharp! Can I get a pic of what you did with the tach. I got the basic idea, just cant work it out in my little brain this morning. My tach is hose clamped to the column. (yuck)
I actually used some small bolts and tapped them in (top and bottom where the column rod pin was. I also used some hard plastic spacers to fill the gap.

I drilled the column carefully and ran a 1" machine screw through the two layers of metal on the column....see here:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/FunkyuNova66/DEC2005030.jpg

Hope this helps.:D

Dave

Clean it up !!

Hey Dave.... Mine was an auto also. You can clean up the dash by removing the shift indicator at the base of the column just under the inst. panel. Pretty simple, really. Lookin' really, really good!!!

Bogie

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.