Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I have been waiting for Lokar to get a part number on the new direct replacement throttle pedal assembly that they are in the process of releasing for '66-'67 Chevy II's. Spoke with someone there about a month ago and said that they were in the currently testing one out and that the part number should be available shortly. It bolts into the same holes as the original so the placement is as original. Takes the guesswork out of mounting it. Don't know if it would fit an earlier model the same but it might be worth checking out. I think it was going to be about $125 or so.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I installed a $30 swap meet version a while back.
I wasn't happy with doing a sharp angle on the cable under the dash to get it to exit thru the firewall directly behind the linkage so I did this. I thought about adding a pulley for it to ride on under the dash but the way I did it was so much easier.

The pedal is maybe a shade to the left of the old location mounted to the floor so I mounted the cable straight above it exiting out the firewall. Where it goes thru the firewall I used a piece of aluminum solid stock and shaped it to the curve of the fire wall so it exits straight out. The s/s sleeve is extra long so I left it alone and the cable does a 360 open loop so there are no binding issues on the carb linkage located close to center of the car.

You will end up with a 1"+ oval hole where the old linkage went thru the fire wall that will need to be sealed

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Unfortunately Chevy II specific ones were not available when I was shopping for a pedal. I ended up putting in Lokar part # BAG-6096 (67-69 Camaro), and went with part # TC-1000U36 for the throttle cable.

The cable goes through the firewall right near the corner of the valve cover. I wound it up and around the wiper motor to the carb. Using the black cable doesn't make it stick out like a sore thumb. It is pretty smooth operating, however does require a bit more effort than anticipated.

I can send you a couple of pictures if interested. I tried to add them to this post but it was taking forever.............I only have dial-up (too cheap to spend the money on a real internet connection)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts