Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
4,265 Posts
how do you bump up against compression
I think he means while turning it over by hand, not with the starter. You know when you reach that point of a completely sealed cylinder and the crank won't go further by hand unless you rail on it with a monster cheater or breaker bar... Correct me if I'm wrong, Ken @unstable

· Premium Member
4,265 Posts
@PldBryan , Let me ask, do you have all plugs out when attempting to spin the engine over past 270°? IF so, not a compression issue, would have to be a mechanical issue by interference either in rotating assembly or by obstruction in a cylinder.

· Premium Member
4,265 Posts
I was making fun of the comment not looking for an answer

there are 8 cylinders. 8 compression strokes for every 2 turns of crank
how is compression stopping it from turning at a specific point but has no problem elsewhere
I get it. Sorry, kinda early to be thinking clearly on my coast :p took the day off and still woke up at 0430.. I missed the rhetorical content of that :) UGH. What do you think could be the issue given the information we have to work with? I know that's asking a lot considering how little we know...

· Premium Member
4,265 Posts
Yep, plugs are out. I know there isn’t a ton of info, kind of a shot in the dark. I plan to start tearing into it today hopefully.
Have you turned the engine over both CW and CCW? same 270=/-°? If you start tearing into it, I would start with what you worked on last and work your way backwards. Maybe take off the rocker covers to watch for interference...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts