Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Is anyone out there ever used a lock right?If so How did it work for street use.Thanks for your time
Curt

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
what's a "lock right"?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Hello all
Is anyone out there ever used a lock right?If so How did it work for street use.Thanks for your time
Curt
This is something I'm seriously concidering..I still need to do more research about them....They have them for around $375 +...If your going to buy one...Let me know how it works...........

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Never heard of it, but from the link it looks like it's more of an off road locker than drag race or street. Might be worth calling and asking about that.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
It looks like about the size of a mini spool but not as strong.

These units are not recommended for applications with high horsepower or large tires.

Some models will use the original side gears and a coupler assm.
I guess it's one thing in a stock Jeep or United Nations Land Rover in the dirt but if they have a disclaimer like that I would shy away on a hot rod.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
There is a thread on a chevelle forum with a bunch of guys using them. They seem to like them but they also said they are hard on parts. They suggested Moser or forged axles since the locker can be a little harsh on a hard launch. Oh course, most of them where running 11s with good 60ft times and that is always a little hard on rear end parts. Ill see if I can find the thread.

-Dan

This inst the same post I read a few weeks ago, but they still give some good info.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264588

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
They are very noisy and do break with daily street use. I don't recommend them. The Eaton clutch limited slip is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
There are so many driving style's out there....I myself won't drive my Nova on a daily basis...Just a weekender every now and then....That don't mean I won't launch it once in a while....For me..I don't want to replace my entire rear end...It would seem to be easier to install a limited slip....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've been using a "lock right" for 6 yrs now in my '67. No problems, but they do click when turning. You get used to it after awhile. I'm running street tires so my car doesn't hook very hard. With sticky drag style tires, the inherent weakness of the rear end might be exploited...

pops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts