Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local Firestone to see how much it would cost me to bring in wheels and tires to get mounted and balanced. They told me $30 each....$120 for the set! :eek: Doesn't that seem high?? Is this because I didn't buy them from Firestone or does everyone charge this much??? Any of you guys have a place that will do it cheaper???

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
makes the tire machine and balancer from harbor freight look better and better huh, it's what is in my garage and has paid for itself time and time again under $100 with the wieghts from jcwhitney and the weight hammer from ebay

·
Registered
996 Posts
i think discount will charge you $20 each mounted and balanced.

i roll around on stock wheels so i bought a tire mount/dismount tool from harbor freight for $50. if you have nice rims it will scratch them.
i mount my own tires then bring it in for a balance. my local place will charge $5 a wheel for balancing.

next purchase is a tire balancer.

this one

or this one

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
$12 with a valvestem mounted and balanced each here in LB. Almost worth the trip down!:yes:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No kidding!

$12 with a valvestem mounted and balanced each here in LB. Almost worth the trip down!
No kidding Bryan...I would even have money left over to buy you a :beer: for saving me some money!

The only reason I considered Firestone is because I take my truck there for alignment (lifetime alignment) and they are down the street from my house. I better keep checking around.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
costco mounted and balanced a set of tires i bought of ebay on my wifes car for 50$ they only asked if the tires were new don't know if they will do it if you just bring the wheels

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
$5 each here in Ontario!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::yes::D

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Go to any Sears Automotive Department and use The Official SoCal Nova's Fleet Discount #5626305959 and SAVE BIG BUCKS on ANY AUTOMOTIVE NEEDS!!!!!!!:yes: That what its there for. For us to use:yes::D
that work in so. az also?

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
AC tires 301 W California St
Ontario, CA 91762 Map

(909) 391-4636

North of Mission , west of Euclid. They carged me $25.00 for 4 tires cause they also tightened all the lugs on the adaptors.:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Have you used it and what did you buy??
And YES I set this up as a National account:yes::D
No, I haven't used it before. I don't frequent Sears too much, the last thing I bought from there was a battery charger. But I'll defintely try it next time, what do you tell them that you have a special accnt before they ring it up?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chalk up on your spanish and come on over to Ontario,there are plenty of good shops off of Holt or Mission that do good work. Just look for the guys that have the newer style machines that wont scratch your rims. I had them mount my Budniks no problem :D

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I am all about the $5 each...and I work in Ontario off Mountain & 6th. I will throw the wheels and tires in my truck and check out Los Amigos & AC Tires on Monday.

Thanks guys. NPHNP!
Better make sure you run a chain through them and lock them together :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Better make sure you run a chain through them and lock them together :rolleyes:
Together with your pitbull! Thats the rule here in Ontario, except they stole my pitbull once:eek::mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts