Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a cam with a rather tight lobe separation and, am wanting to spray my engine with a little nitrous at the track. I know that nitrous likes a wider lobe separation but, am wondering how it will act with this cam on a small hit.

engine specs: 350 sbc, trw forged flat tops, mahle rings, double hump heads w/ 2.02/1.60 valves, 1.5 roller tip rockers, air gap intake, 750 pro form carb, msd pro billet.

cam specs: hyd. flat tappet 500in/500ex, 106 lobe separation, 302/302 duration, crane anti pump lifters.

fuel supply: nitrous and engine are on two separate regulators (engine at 5.5 psi and nitrous at 7 psi) also have a fuel pressure safety switch.

nitrous setup: NOS big shot plate w/ purge. currently jetted for 150 hp. using a WOT microswitch for activation.

stall: 10 inch 3200 w/ anti-ballooning plate

what do you all think?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm running a 150 shot. What jets are you planning on? I found a 64 for nos and 59 for fuel worked well with 5.5 fuel pressure. Pulled 6 degrees of timing, run a 7 plug with a 32 gap. Running a full tank of 100 fuel also, better safe than sorry.
Cam is a 110 lobe with a 106 centerline it's a xe274h

Your mileage will vary but too much fuel and ignition should be your primary concern.

I also started with a 100 shot so I could sort it out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going 2 steps colder on the plugs and pulling 6 degrees timing as well. 63 nitrous jet 73 fuel side. Mixing 110 race fuel as well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
As previous stated: Try it!!

Sprayed 200 with the same lobe separation angle. No issues. Not as efficient as a nitrous cam at 200 or above. Still worked well.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Going 2 steps colder on the plugs and pulling 6 degrees timing as well. 63 nitrous jet 73 fuel side. Mixing 110 race fuel as well.
The tune up you listed is super fat and not safe!:no: If you run a 63 nitrous pill use a 53 fuel pill and fuel pressure around 6 flowing will be way safer then what you listed!:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts