Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 1.5" plastic piece on the passenger side of my convertible door that looks to be something to prevent the window from rattling in the channel - I say that because my driver side door doesnt have this and it rattles like mad.. what is this thing called and where can I find one?!?

It is right at the rear most exterior edge of the window channel

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Would be helpful if you could post a photo of the good one that is still on the door.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Those pieces are riveted on to the door window wiper when they are manufactured. Probably only way to find one would be from someone that is changing out their door fuzzies and wipers or has an old set laying around. Here is what mine looked like on my '65 HT door.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
huh.. I have some new felts (fuzzies) in a box.. I will see if this came with those or if I need to order the rubber wipers.. NOT having this makes a helluva racket with the window rattling around!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread. I have a 62 convertible that the driver's door rattles like crazy. I just looked and the passenger door felt is in good shape (see pic) but the driver's side is broken off half way across.

Did you determine if new felts have this piece riveted on them? If not I wonder if I can get my son to print up new ones.

Also how hard are these to replace? I'll need to research this now. Looks like a new winter project.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
779 Posts
huh.. I have some new felts (fuzzies) in a box.. I will see if this came with those or if I need to order the rubber wipers.. NOT having this makes a helluva racket with the window rattling around!!
I have some new in the box as well and just went out and looked. They do have that piece already attached.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have another question on removing the felts from 62 vert. The Shop Manual says "On styles equipped with a belt reveal molding, remove attaching screws". I assume that chrome strip on the outer top of the door is the belt reveal molding? Are the screws it's referring to the ones in question at the end of the felts or are they somewhere on the molding? Do I have to remove that molding?

UPDATE: It appears the reveal molding has a tab that goes between the felt strip and the door so that screw does hold the molding on. The shop manual says you have to remove the vent window frame to get to the screw on the forward end of the felt strip. I don't want to do that just now. Is there one of those anti-rattle things on the forward end also or just the end of the strip?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts