Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throttle linkage fell off. I know I need the little round attachment that holds the long piece of linkage to the carb but what else am I missing? To drive home I had to put my foot under the gas pedal & pull up. Not push down. What's up? I took a video but it won't post. Just says "invalid file" And I posted the wrong pic. Can't get it off Lol Thank You! Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
That's the wrong location on the carb. You need an upper hole above the butterfly shaft. When you press the pedal that linkage from the pedal arm to the carb moves to the rear. It has to attatch to the upper part of the carb lever. The place you ave it hooked to is typically used for the auto trans kick down cable.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
That's the wrong location on the carb. You need an upper hole above the butterfly shaft. When you press the pedal that linkage from the pedal arm to the carb moves to the rear. It has to attatch to the upper part of the carb lever. The place you ave it hooked to is typically used for the auto trans kick down cable.

what "nova66" says ..... move your linkage up higher

that's why your gas pedal worked "backwards"

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,497 Posts
Hemi,
Is there a grove... or a small hole drilled within the portion of the throttle rod that is currently inserted into the carb's throttle bracket? You may want to take a look at the opposite end of the throttle rod to see how it is attached to the accelerator pedal bracket/arm for comparison.

If there is a grove... or a hole in the end of the throttle rod, you may be able to move your current throttle rod to the hole in the carb's throttle bracket that is located directly below the return spring (this is where I have my throttle cable attached to my carb).
Once inserted thru this hole in the throttle bracket, the throttle rod is held in place with a "C" clip (snapped into the grove)... or a cotter pin (*insert thru small hole).
*If you use a cotter pin, be sure to bend the ends after inserting thru the hole in the throttle rod.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yes :yes: That is the hole I was talking about.
If you can also fit a washer onto the throttle rod (after inserting thru the hole in the throttle bracket), I would recommend you do so before installing the clip.

You want to remove as much play between the throttle arm and the throttle bracket... so it does not have any "lateral torque" as you push on the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Way to go :thumbsup:
I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts