Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here. I have a 1975 nova and i replaced the radiator core support. Unfortunately i had to remove the drivers side fender, and really loosen the passenger side one to get it in. I got the fender on but it doesnt look the best. I can open the doors but the gaps really are not that good. The passenger side door is decent but the drivers side door is really tight. I can open and close the door but i have to be careful.

I have the shims that fell out but i wound up with extras which obviously isnt good since before i did this all the gaps were pretty good. Anyone out there who has tips, tricks, advice on lining up fenders would be a savior right now. I really do not want to have to take it to a body shop and pay someone to line then up although i may have to go that route if i cant do it myself.

I am most worried about my drivers side door gap. It is so tight now, i already took paint off accidently doing this that now i will fix

·
Registered
26,335 Posts
IF YA GOT EXTRA SHIMS, THAT'S NOT GOOD, BUT DON'T WORRY SNS IS HERE! :yes: MAKE A SHIM COUNT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND THE SAME FOR THE DRIVER AND WHAT'S LEFTOVER! THEN LOCATE THE MISSING SHIMS IN THE DRIVER SIDE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.