Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided on a Lincoln 175 amp mig welder. I have compared on the Lincoln web site, the "standard model" and the one sold at Home Depot. According to what I can find they are the same does anyone know if ther is a differance????

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Not sure of a difference between the two but I would recomend buying a welder from a welding supply. Just in case of any problems in the future you might have with the machine. Not saying that you will Lincoln makes good stuff but just in case.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a lincoln welder that I bought from home depot. It is the exact machine you get from lincoln. I've had it about a year and use it often. Have not had one problem with it.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I have a Lincoln 175 I bought about 5 years ago. It's a good unit. My buddy tried mine and wanted one and he went to the welding shop I got mine from and was told the 175 was replaced by the 180 or 185 so he got it. That was almost two years ago. I went to the store a few months ago to get some wire feed rollers for mine and was told that the roller was obsolete and no longer available. They had one roller left so I got it. You may want to check and see if that is true. Home Depot may be selling old stock to get rid of them and parts may be hard to get. I buy my welders and supplies from Welders Supply which is a pretty big supply house and all they sell is Lincoln so they should know their stuff. RM

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i second buying one from a welding supply, they will not only be better able to handle questions and point you in the right direction, but you may get lucky like me and get a blem'd one for a discount

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called the locan Air-gas shop andthey said that in June they will be haveing a huge sale on the Millermtic 175, he said that the retail price of $750 would be "much" less, He keeps Millers in stock and has to order Lincolns. Looks like I'm getting a Miller.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Good Call

Excellent choice on your part. You should be more than very pleased with the Miller 175, its an excellent machine, and if you can get it for a discounted price "go for it".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts