Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with first and second gen Novas,how did you limit the travel on your front suspensions?(factory front ends of course)
Brandon

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
1/4 inch chain

i used a 1/4 in chain , went from the outside of the spring tower toward the rear of it , to the lower suspension arm , i left a few extra links to adjust for travel , drilled a couple 3/8's holes and used heavy duty bolts and washers.

i tied mine down at 1.5 inches. Everything gets better,,, how it drives , reaction times ,,

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used a 1/4 in chain , went from the outside of the spring tower toward the rear of it , to the lower suspension arm , i left a few extra links to adjust for travel , drilled a couple 3/8's holes and used heavy duty bolts and washers.

i tied mine down at 1.5 inches. Everything gets better,,, how it drives , reaction times ,,
Are you talking about the spring cover?If so,is that strong enough? My car already pulls the tires about a foot/foot 1/2,with the suspension stretched out.
Brandon

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
yep

the spring cover ,, mine was pulling the wheels about 2 inches , plus all the wheel travel.

it really helped how it went down the track ,, turned a hand full to drive into just about being able to take my hands off the wheel after 60 ft.

·
Registered
24 Posts
limit travel

I use the stainless steel braided cable and clamps, just go around the upper control arm to an eye bolt secured to the spring cover. Mine has been like that for years, no problems at all. Can't twist up or hang on anything like a chain might.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the stainless steel braided cable and clamps, just go around the upper control arm to an eye bolt secured to the spring cover. Mine has been like that for years, no problems at all. Can't twist up or hang on anything like a chain might.
I like that idea alot.
Thanx,
Brandon

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
SO if you don't have spring covers and still want to do this, would you just tie it off to the inner panel?

Which did you use (chain or cable) and how do you like it?

THanks all!

On my 1st gen there was a hole near the shock tower on the the horizontal part of the inner fender. I put an eye bolt there with a "large" flat washer ... topside.
Made a simple "L" shaped bracket that attached to the lower spring perch mounting bolt.
Used cable to tie things together. Upper eye bolt gives you adjustability; and a tip.... weld up the open end of the eye bolt; first time out mine started to open up.
Worked great ; no more scary floatin' front end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts