Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
not to far from my house maybe 10 min. i could take a look if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Necro,

How's the wagon coming along? The craigslist ad says Oakdale but the eBay ad says St. James. I will try to call the guy today if I can find the time to breathe.

Jay

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
im still working on it. between hurting my left hand and balancing work , kids and i just finished the basement. im finally getting some more free time to work on it. i still have to hang the quarters . im ready to paint the front clip and my buy the control arm kit that is on here from ccp. just another thing that will set me back.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least it's a hobby. Given time, it will all work out. Maybe next year's Power Tour?

Anyway, I saw the car today. It's in OK condition, typical for lower NY. All panels need work one way or the other in the usual spots. There's filler all over the left quarter behind the wheel and some rot in front and around the lip, so it will need a skin if not a full replacement. Looked like it was a vinyl top car cuz there was filler over some body work on the sail panel. Rear taillight panel needs replacement as it's rotted where it meets the trunk. Couldn't see in the trunk cuz it was locked but saw a 2 inch rust hole near the back of the tank. The right quarter might be savable with a little work.

Bottom of the rear window at the trunk was all rusted thru. Probably the one spot that will require most work. Left door had rot in the bottom corners, right door not so bad but had a big dent in the front. Both may need new skins. Floors looked OK with a riveted patch panel in the driver's footwell. Pass side looked good. Both rockers were good. Only minor surface rust on the firewall.

Guy said he had 3 $1,500 offers pending after the sale. Dunno if I'd spend that. Funny thing was that the rear wheelwell lips were resting on the tires, almost like the springs were bad. Would have to lift it from the rear to tow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts