Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else get this, probably, it WAS in "my messages" so it is in fact from Ebay, and NOT A SPAM.

Dear nightshade.,

As you know, I almost never reach out to you personally with a request to get involved in a debate in the U.S. Congress. However, today I feel I must.

Right now, the telephone and cable companies in control of Internet access are trying to use their enormous political muscle to dramatically change the Internet. It might be hard to believe, but lawmakers in Washington are seriously debating whether consumers should be free to use the Internet as they want in the future.

The phone and cable companies now control more than 95% of all Internet access. These large corporations are spending millions of dollars to promote legislation that would divide the Internet into a two-tiered system.

The top tier would be a "Pay-to-Play" high-speed toll-road restricted to only the largest companies that can afford to pay high fees for preferential access to the Net.

The bottom tier -- the slow lane -- would be what is left for everyone else. If the fast lane is the information "super-highway," the slow lane will operate more like a dirt road.

Today's Internet is an incredible open marketplace for goods, services, information and ideas. We can't give that up. A two lane system will restrict innovation because start-ups and small companies -- the companies that can't afford the high fees -- will be unable to succeed, and we'll lose out on the jobs, creativity and inspiration that come with them.

The power belongs with Internet users, not the big phone and cable companies. Let's use that power to send as many messages as possible to our elected officials in Washington. Please join me by clicking here right now to send a message to your representatives in Congress before it is too late. You can make the difference.

Thank you for reading this note. I hope you'll make your voice heard today.

Sincerely,

Meg Whitman
President and CEO
eBay Inc.

P.S. If you have any questions about this issue, please contact us at [email protected].

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I got it too.That better not happen with 2 tier internet.That would suck:eek: bm

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
I received it too. It's yet another effort by the communication lobbyists to cash in on the incredibly successful Internet goldmine. It won't be long, and we'll all probably have to pay a fee to send an email!

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I didn't get yet. But I am not able to get to eBay this morning. Have auction ending would like to see the price.

If what the letter says is true we need to let congress know we don't want it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
save the internet

savetheinternet.com is where you can learn some more. I've been with this group for awhile now. We really need some push from the people and our congress. Anything you can do will help. This is our internet, its free, and it needs to remain equal.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Yep...I got it as well...Kinda scary. I threw in my .02 worth! I've made too much money on eBay and other internet sites for it to be regulated the way they are talking about.

Jason

·
Registered
847 Posts
Half way to the apocolypse

That bill has already gone through the senate(not the representatives)
so its halfway through to becoming a bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts