Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as some of you know im shopping around for a new exhaust system for my 72..as for headers im pretty sure im going with the summit ones (i am on a budget) as for pipes again gonna go with the summit x pipes cause there priced very good and that leaves mufflers..what do you all recommend? mr veno told me that some flowmaster 40's would make some nice sound..i have a stock 350 as of right now so i dont expect it to rumble like hell :no:..but i do want a nice loud sound, something mean and aggressive..anyone got some they could recommend?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have 40's on mine and had them with a 355 and now 454 and think they would work nice on your stock 350, my 454 is real mild and the 40's do the trick, however my built 350 screamed bloody murder @6500 rpm with them. Take the tails to the rear for sure with these.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 40's on mine and had them with a 355 and now 454 and think they would work nice on your stock 350, my 454 is real mild and the 40's do the trick, however my built 350 screamed bloody murder @6500 rpm with them. Take the tails to the rear for sure with these.
ya i had my mind set on the 40's for sometime now, just wanted to hear what others had to say..ya im gonna run them to the back i love the way it looks with a nice chrome tip on both ends :D

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magnaflow?

as some of you know im getting a new exhaust system, and what im stuck now is mufflers, i had my mind set on flowmasters but i heard they some what suck and pretty much everyone has um soo now im checking out magnaflow i have no clue what muffler to get from them? can someone help me? :yes:

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
i have their #MPE-11226. great sound, not too harsh, mellow at idle, come on strong when you get on it. you would need to select size and inlet/outlet locations for your application. stainless steel lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have their #MPE-11226. great sound, not too harsh, mellow at idle, come on strong when you get on it. you would need to select size and inlet/outlet locations for your application. stainless steel lifetime guarantee.
i want mine loud! im not to worried about interior sound i want that bad*** sound, so i was looking at flowmaster and now magnaflow so lets see what others say

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 11226s, the Flowmaster 40s and 50s on my cars. The Magnaflows are the mildest, then the 50s and then the 40s are friggin loud. I like the 50s the most for the classic rumble sound- the magnaflows have a rumble but not classic yet they scream when you mash it - different but comparable to the 50 - its like a 50 with glass packed. The 40s are intimidators and the cab drone sucks. Its no radio just motor - its fun for the first 10 minutes then it wears on me. If you really want it loud and like to scream at your passengers then the 40s are right for you! :D

my two II cents

GG

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Magnaflow 11226s, the Flowmaster 40s and 50s on my cars. The Magnaflows are the mildest, then the 50s and then the 40s are friggin loud. I like the 50s the most for the classic rumble sound- the magnaflows have a rumble but not classic yet they scream when you mash it - different but comparable to the 50 - its like a 50 with glass packed. The 40s are intimidators and the cab drone sucks. Its no radio just motor - its fun for the first 10 minutes then it wears on me. If you really want it loud and like to scream at your passengers then the 40s are right for you!

my two II cents

GG
i guess magnaflows are not so loud then huh? i always thought they were loud and had a nice rumble..what im looking for is a nice loud rumble type sound at idle and when punched a very loud rumble..seems flowmaster 40's are in that nature

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the Flowmaster kit for the 67-69 Camaro with 2 40 series delta flows with the tail pipes sounds good with a 355, the 427 bb is going in this weekend can't wait to hear it. With the tail pipes it doesn't seem to be as loud in the car as with out.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
If you want loud... go with a flowmaster single chamber, or bullet mufflers...

Check your city ordence first...

·
Registered
482 Posts
you know for all the money that your gonna spend... why dont you just get a flowmaster exhaust system and call it a day. everything is manderal bent. and if you can weld a little, you can do it yourself in your drive way. since your on a budget. I think that would be the best way to go. and if you up grade your motor later the 2.5 flowmaster will still be able to handle your HP. oh.. I like headman hedders too. they are good priced. you dont need all that ceramic crap. just prep and paint it right and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you know for all the money that your gonna spend... why dont you just get a flowmaster exhaust system and call it a day. everything is manderal bent. and if you can weld a little, you can do it yourself in your drive way. since your on a budget. I think that would be the best way to go. and if you up grade your motor later the 2.5 flowmaster will still be able to handle your HP. oh.. I like headman hedders too. they are good priced. you dont need all that ceramic crap. just prep and paint it right and you'll be fine.
it would come out to way more if i got one of there exhaust systems cause i still need to get some headers..i was thinking of a exhaust system but they seem very expensive unless there cheaper some where else that i havent seen?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
bullets are loud, but would sound not good on a stock 350 imo. i have a set of super 40's that are used (3")...

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you want to sell the stock Exhaust Manifolds please PM me. I'm going back to to stock the headers are to much hassle....:)

well as some of you know im shopping around for a new exhaust system for my 72..as for headers im pretty sure im going with the summit ones (i am on a budget) as for pipes again gonna go with the summit x pipes cause there priced very good and that leaves mufflers..what do you all recommend? mr veno told me that some flowmaster 40's would make some nice sound..i have a stock 350 as of right now so i dont expect it to rumble like hell :no:..but i do want a nice loud sound, something mean and aggressive..anyone got some they could recommend?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts