Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an original 68 it has about 68,000 mile on it too. The suspension is all original and the back end sags fairly well. Im gonna be doing somewhat of a renovation on the car and was looking for some recommendations. I plan to start with the suspension and like the Global West products. I do think they are a little pricey but for some reason still like them. I have had some brief conversations with Global West and it seems as if they were trying to talk me out of going with the 2-inch drop. Does anyone have any experience with Global West. How about you guys and gals with 2-inch drops, what are the drawbacks.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,484 Posts
I have only good things to say about Global West. I have GW upper control arms (with delrin bushings) and Del-a-lum inserts installed into my lower control arms. I also have the GW rear shackle kit with the Del-a-lum inserts.
Very high quality and good fit on all of their parts. When it comes to suspension components, I am willing to pay more for proven performance and reliability.

I am just using my stock front coil springs and stock mult-leaf rear springs.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I really believe Global West products are well thought out and engineered to perform.. I have been looking at their stuff for a couple of years trying to figure out how I can take advantage of some of their equipment but the don’t really offer too much for a 1st gen Nova. I know they really don’t advocate lowering a vehicle too much as staple of their philosophy and creating better handling characteristics.. Their is solid evidence to substantiate their point. Many of us like a lowered stance and do things to get that desired elevation that don’t make for good handling and predictable performance characteristics.. The the upper and lower control arms need to be in a certain orientation to one another to improve the wheels contact patch on the pavement. Global West has fairly conservative views on lowering a vehicle 1-1.5” if I recall.. They are more focused on improving the handeling qualities of the suspension then making vehicles that are aesthetically pleasing.. That are too low for their own car. Low looks cool but it can make for a suspension that has priorities that don’t necessarily improve and optimize the handling characteristics of the suspension system..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts