Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There does not seem to be a local nova club or group in nothern Virginia. Is there anyone interested in starting one?

I have an 8000 sq ft shop I'd be willing to make available at no cost, one or two days a month for club members to meet and to work on thier cars.

Contact me on this list or directly at [email protected] if your in the northern VA area and would like start a nova group.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
North Va Car Club

Man this is great thing that you are doing. I only wish that I lived closer...Being able to meet with guys and work on cars at the same time, what a great concept...

Good luck and keep up the good work...

·
Registered
86 Posts
There does not seem to be a local nova club or group in nothern Virginia. Is there anyone interested in starting one?

I have an 8000 sq ft shop I'd be willing to make available at no cost, one or two days a month for club members to meet and to work on thier cars.

Contact me on this list or directly at [email protected] if your in the northern VA area and would like start a nova group.
YES!!!!

Tom, nice to meet you, I'm Tom too. I live in Sterling at the corner of 28 and Church (near Buffalo Wing Factory and across 28 from Wegmans).

I just bought my first ever classic car...a 1974 Nova. Here is my first thread with pics and lists of things to do and whatnot:
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118297

I went to EB3 Motorsports in Chantilly then later found out about you guys right down the road. I have your site bookmarked and it looks great! I'm definitely interested in being a part of a NoVA Nova club and fully participating and learning as much as I can! Let me know what I can do to help!

·
Registered
469 Posts
does't sound like a bad idea. i'am not far in frederick MD i could ride down and bench race once and awhile. your shop looks pretty neat. have you all ever messed with classic air units. i'am thinking of putting A/C in my nova right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is a great idea! I live down the road from you guys in Ashburn, PLEASE let me know if you all would like to get something setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NV nova group meeting dates

Lets set a date to meet at my shop. I'll throw out a few dates, how about, Saturday the 9th or 23rd of may say 9 or 10 am?

Here's the address:
44264 Mercure circle #120
Sterling, VA 20166

PS yes we have installed most all of the a/c systems on the market. We can also charge the system with R134. We can give you some advice if you want it n/c.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the place, we have a little motorsports park going here the entire 150,000 sq ft is all specialty car shops.

Let's see when the other guys can make it and then we'll meet up.

Shoot me an email so we can connect up outside the list, [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys, a little update...Tom from Sterling Hot Rods and I have been talking and Tom suggested we change the scope of the club to be the entire District area and surroundings. With that in mind we've been throwing the name Capital Nova Club around with a placeholder on www.capitalnovas.com. For those in the surrounding DC areas and beyond, meetings would be in Sterling which is about 45 mins outside of downtown and about 20 mins from places like Haymarket, Gainesville and those areas.

We are still meeting this Saturday at Sterling Hot Rods but have moved the time to 1pm due to some client needs at the shop. We hope to see some people out there and in the coming weeks we will be moving towards getting a wider rider base. This will include becoming a recognized chapter by the National Nostalgic Nova association, creating the website, creating business cards to hand out at car shows and just trying to drum up membership grassroots style.

Looking forward to getting this underway and meeting some more drivers!

Tom

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Capital Nova club sounds great. May is unfortunately extremely hectic for me right now, I am getting married out of state on the 16th, but would love to catch up in June!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey guys i can't make it this weekend i'am installing a new rear in the car and trying to get ready for ocean city this week but i will get down that way to meet you'll all soon.thanks chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm taking my nova (white 64 looks stock) to OC next weekend to, there is a nova get together..
May 16
12 Noon - 4 pm
Nova Appreciation Car Show
Hoopers Crab House
Ocean City, MD
TBS
12913 Ocean Gateway. For more information Call Russ at 410-336-1156 or Bruce at 302-653-8214.
Maybe we can meet there on at the show. What you car look like?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Capital Nova club sounds great. May is unfortunately extremely hectic for me right now, I am getting married out of state on the 16th, but would love to catch up in June!!
Congrats Childo! Sounds like me last year...I got married out of state on May 18th. Have fun and we'll catch you next time!

Too Tall and Novadriver, we'll make sure to update this thread and keep everyone in the loop...look forward to meeting you.

Tom

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey TMichel i will be in OC as well.i will be in my 74nova its green with center lines and should be cruisin w two other novas a tan 74 4 door and a white 72 2 door.we will be there on thurs. see you there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts