Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65 will have power steering (Church Boys rack set up) and I am trying to figure out what I can use for an alternator (with built in regulator) and mid mount for the passengers side.
I want the alternator to mount in front of or a little below the head and I need to keep the mechanical fuel pump( I all ready bought an Edelbrock RPM fuel pump). I have a short neck water pump.

I have been looking for brackets with no luck.
Appreciate the help:)

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
You can not do it with a short pump.

Not Passenger side. Mid mount.

Al

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
My 65 will have power steering (Church Boys rack set up) and I am trying to figure out what I can use for an alternator (with built in regulator) and mid mount for the passengers side.
I want the alternator to mount in front of or a little below the head and I need to keep the mechanical fuel pump( I all ready bought an Edelbrock RPM fuel pump). I have a short neck water pump.

I have been looking for brackets with no luck.
Appreciate the help:)
^^^ OP states that he has a SWP

^^^ What does the Summit ad for the ZOOPS # 7990 state ???

It states: SWP PASSENGER SIDE HEAD MOUNT

I would call ZOOPS Tech to confirm however.....:yes:
Zoops is a high mount, real high!

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
So exactly what/which/type/brand of alternator bracketry would you recommend for his particular application... Al ??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help guys:yes:
I am having fun building this ride:yes::no::turn::D

I can see where I should have got a long water pump as this would have given me the room for the alternator.

There has to be a solution:(

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
So exactly what/which/type/brand of alternator bracketry would you recommend for his particular application... Al ??? :confused:
Mount it on the rear end like old NASCAR guys did! :devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
Registered
288 Posts
You'll either have to switch to a long water pump and use an Alan Grove Components mid mount #215R

or loose the mechanical fuel pump and then use an Alan Grove Components #211R

or get a fab shop make you a mount. the Alan Grove Components also have long & short P/S pump brackets, too...
I'm researching a passenger side mount because my 406ci doesn't have the hole threaded for a driver side mount near the freeze plug...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts