Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that this would be great to post your guys' 1st and 2nd gen custom interiors up (stock is fine too). Wagons are even better if possible. If you can post up pictures and include a description on the color, material you used, and if it's original or custom.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You think? We had a 38 Ford done a few years back and it was a total job with a little fab work on the seat risers and door panels and it cost about 2500. I can't imagine more fab work and different materials being more than 4 more grand.

Not an interior guy so I could be wrong though!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice interiors guys! As for the car I posted I wouldn't doubt that it cost around $8000 easily. That is including the gauges, carpet, insulation, labor, fabric materials (especially if it were ultra leather), etc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
not paying attention are we....

all from scratch all we used were the seat springs and the chrome strips for the doors made everything else in my dining room
nothing like an 8000$set up but WE made it
hope ya like.. it we are working on getting it installed now
craig

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
all from scratch all we used were the seat springs and the chrome strips for the doors made everything else in my dining room
nothing like an 8000$set up but WE made it
hope ya like.. it we are working on getting it installed now
craig[/QUOTE]

The fun part will be when someone compliments you on it you can say " I did it my self".

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here's the interior in our wagon. We tried to make it look close to stock while not being stock. We got lucky and found an NOS roll of 1963 Impala seat fabric for the seat inserts.

Ryan

·
Registered
852 Posts
I recently talked to shannon ref his interiors and he said they start at 16k. and they take several months to do. very nice though. I am currently trying to duplicate the ac vent valence. we'll see.

Len

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CaddyDaddy,
What A/C unit setup do you have and what kind of vents are they? That is EXACTLY what I want for my wagon. I love the setup! Is that a kit specific for the year wagon or no? How much fab work was needed? As far as the rest of the interior, I really like it. I'd love that same setup but in a tan. :cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
interior

Here are a few of mine. Seats are carbon fiber wraped in Black leather. Carbon fiber gauges and panel. Carbon fiber radio deleate panel. Billet Specialities steering wheel, window cranks and door handles. A little blast of the blue stuff.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I recently talked to shannon ref his interiors and he said they start at 16k. and they take several months to do. very nice though. I am currently trying to duplicate the ac vent valence. we'll see.

Len
wow 16k???

i figured 10k, and i know what materials cost, guess i am not surprised, his work is impeccable, i have yet to find a flaw in any of it (at least in pictures) - although his designs are a tad boring to me (they all look the same) nice though

makes me want to keep practicing to get better, I want some of that 16k money ..hahahaha

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
wow 16k???

i figured 10k, and i know what materials cost, guess i am not surprised, his work is impeccable, i have yet to find a flaw in any of it (at least in pictures) - although his designs are a tad boring to me (they all look the same) nice though

makes me want to keep practicing to get better, I want some of that 16k money ..hahahaha
I hear ya on the boring part! Not to say that Shannons interiors are boring by any means but I think for me, and probably for you, when I go to a bunch of car shows and see these super trick interiors, they all tend to get kind of stale after awhile. They're beautiful but just nothing new that peaks the interest.

It's tough to really design something that stands out! I'm going through that right now with my project. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off and introduce some new and exciting things!

John

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love his work. I like boring or plain and simple. I dont like going to shows where the cars have bowties all over the headliner, seats, door panel, trunk and all sorts of colors and designs. I like plain, clean and simple. Same with exteriors and emblems on new cars, I can't stand all the emblems and back window decals, etc. Looks like people tried too hard when this is done on the interior and it is just a clutter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts