·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see some bagged suspensions, guys! any gen, doesnt matter

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
What do you want to see? The entire build? Its on this site. But here are some basic pics. JR

62 aired down, 8" and 10" wheels. No rubbing at all aired up during driving. Handles like its on rails, large rails, but still tight to the ground.

The front end....

And the rear....

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
:yes:
What do you want to see? The entire build? Its on this site. But here are some basic pics. JR

62 aired down, 8" and 10" wheels. No rubbing at all aired up during driving. Handles like its on rails, large rails, but still tight to the ground.

The front end....

And the rear....

Sweet car:yes::yes:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just interested in seeing aired-out novas. any pics people decide to post, doesnt matter. hopefully this thread will make people consider using bags, as theyre not the devil as some people seem to think. and its not that complicated to build an air system. the suspension shots you posted are great by the way, thank you. have you had any trouble with that watts link? ive been debating running one too.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
just interested in seeing aired-out novas. any pics people decide to post, doesnt matter. hopefully this thread will make people consider using bags, as theyre not the devil as some people seem to think. and its not that complicated to build an air system. the suspension shots you posted are great by the way, thank you. have you had any trouble with that watts link? ive been debating running one too.
Ive had two bagged nova's, my new project (wifes wagon) will have coil oves in the front and leafs and socks in the rear. Never have another bagged car:no::no: build the car around your desired ride hieght and call it a day:yes:

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Never have another bagged car
any particular reason?
The pro street is still bagged (maybe not for long) I love the ride but don't like dealing with all the air management crap, the wagon will have the right stance without the plumbing nightmares :cool: the prostreet has had bags from the day it was built in 1998 and have upgraded it 3 years ago, my wifes 62 hardtop was bagged in 2001, I have been though it all, but now I just want to keep the cars I build simple and drive the heck out of them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the problem with that is i cant have my desired ride height around here. to many crappy roads and steep entrance/exits thanks for the help tho. by the way, your car is the reason i signed up to this site. i kid you not, i googled "bad a** nova" and went to images. there was a picture of your pink flamed nova and when i opened the link it said i had to sign up to veiw the page.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
:eek:
the problem with that is i cant have my desired ride height around here. to many crappy roads and steep entrance/exits thanks for the help tho. by the way, your car is the reason i signed up to this site. i kid you not, i googled "bad a** nova" and went to images. there was a picture of your pink flamed nova and when i opened the link it said i had to sign up to veiw the page.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thanks for that huge complement, the roads here in California are messed up too

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no problem. thats a beautiful car, man. yours too, j.r.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
no problem. thats a beautiful car, man. yours too, j.r.

Thanks. Ive been doing more driving now, I love the car. Been dialing in the shocks, that helped a bunch, big time. I think Im gonna add some "valving" on the rear and a click on the front also.

Had a touch down (at the rear) today over some heavy bumps (rail road track crossing with a big dip) at speed.

One click then road it again.. I like the adjustable shocks. Kinda wish I woulda (or coulda afforded) went with the DA shocks in the rear.

Have them in the front, like them alot. Loving the air ride springs so far, no complaints. JR

·
Registered
26,336 Posts

The front end....

And the rear....

I love this ride, tell me how to get that wheel combo under my car.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
the suspension shots you posted are great by the way, thank you. have you had any trouble with that watts link? ive been debating running one too.
No, havent seen any touching at all. I was a lil worried at first. I have a 5/8" clearance maybe, closer to a 1/2" between the tire sidewall and the stock inner quarter panel. So I kept an eye on it, after some heavy driving (major road dips in a turn at speed, heavy turns at speed) and after jacking the car up to re-check all the fasteners I didnt see any touching on the inner fender well.

Im pretty happy with the watts link. I put it in because after just some really slow putting around my neighborhood the pan hard bar that was in place made the entire car feel like it shifted sideways. And that was at maybe 5 mph. Not cool.

Now? It doesnt move sideways AT ALL. I am still tuning the suspension, working with the valving of the shocks. And I really bottomed it out one day going over the rail road tracks and a bad road, on a turn. The suspension did hit, the bump stops I have in place hit the frame rails. But the tires never touched the side of the inner quarter panels. And this was on a turn.

Im a firm believer for the watts link. For anyone using a parallel 4-link rear suspension. JR

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
is that flat or matte?

Its in primer right now, what you see is primer. Some day in the distant future there will be some color. But for now, Until I work out all the issues its SPI epoxy primer. JR

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
What front sub-frame is that?
Did you have to modify it for the air ride ?

ps: great looking ride :yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts