Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan keeping a straight 6 in my next Nova project and wanted to see some pury'd up engine compartments to get some ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Not the prettiest but it gets the job done :)

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
Hey-sus Tim, you gotta do something about that ASAP

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
Yeah, I know..... but really I only want one car "in the shop" at a time. :eek:

It will happen. Not sure when.

I *really* like your pics of Lucille. :yes: Very nice.

Cheers, Tim
I can understand that. I may get to wrench on mine this weekend if the weather stays warm.

Lucille's motor looked just a little better than yours when I first got her.

Here's the progression:
http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc108/Exlimey/Lucilles Motor Pics/?action=view&current=dd588bc0.pbw

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I am liking the Holley and the Chrome:yes: Would that be a 45cfm four barrel?
I have heard stories of guys running 327 pistons in 250cid engines and surprising a lot of v8 cars:devil:

could be the holley 390...

These aren't mine, although I have plans of installing a 292 in my '63 this summer:

Langdon's carter/webber 2x2 setup

offy with stovebolt headers (what I'm doing)

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I am liking the Holley and the Chrome:yes: Would that be a 45cfm four barrel?
I have heard stories of guys running 327 pistons in 250cid engines and surprising a lot of v8 cars:devil:
Thanks! The Holley is a 390cfm carb. It's got a cam, and 292 exhaust manifold also. It runs really well, it would do alot better with different gears and a TH350 tranny though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Heres my 6 :D:D:yes::yes::D Unfortenetly if no buyer is found its going to be scraped:eek::eek:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
You'll be happy you kept the 6, they run smooth and quiet. I have some nice pics of my 6 in the 64 sedan but they are on paper...

not every old car needs to be hot-rodded.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Im loving these pics of the sixes. I think a nice looking and properly prepped (insides) 6 definitely has a place in the nova!! When all the sixes are replaced with eights what are we gonna show our kids what they used to look like. Keep the sixers alive!! They are far and few and I like them. JR

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Im loving these pics of the sixes. I think a nice looking and properly prepped (insides) 6 definitely has a place in the nova!! When all the sixes are replaced with eights what are we gonna show our kids what they used to look like. Keep the sixers alive!! They are far and few and I like them. JR
just like those 283's:yes:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here are some pics of my 194 I just took out of my 64 SS. .040 over, aftermarket cam, Offy intake, 390 Holley, Offy Valve Cover

1 - 20 of 200 Posts