Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got 275/60-15 on the back and 205/70-15 on the front and would like my car to sit as low as possible and still be streetable. I can see about 2" of tire between the bottom of the wheelwell and the wheel itself, I'd like to get the wheel up in the wheelwell if possible. I'd like to see some pics of your low sitting Novas and let me know how you got it that low. I assume lowering blocks are the best way in back and drop spindles up front?

Here is how mine sits now, sorry for the bad pic it is out of state and this is the only pic I have right now at its current stance.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
heres my '70 in this pic it has 1 inch lowering blocks in the rear and chopped 6 cylinder springs.. too low do drive! note.. the rearend has been narrowed 2 inches total which keeps the tires from rubbing :cool:

here it is with the front springs stock and with 2 inch blocks
(during rearend mockup)

I would use the drop spindles in the front and blocks in the rear..

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
This is my old 70 that robsquezn owns now, it had the front 6 cyl springs cut one coil, 2 inch blocks in the rear. 205/70 in the front, 245/60 in the rear.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is my 72 with Hotchkis Sport Suspension Lowering Springs.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and weights 287KB.
I like that stance. I want to run BFG TA radials and wanted to know how wide i can fit in the back and front with a stance like that?

THanks

Pat

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts

Uncut small block Moroso springs in front, stock multi leafs in back with two of the five leafs removed. Not as low as some, but it's as low as it can go without some serious rubbing issues.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The old car before it became an all out racecar. Ladder bar backhalf, cut springs and 2" drop spindles.

The project. Ladder bar backhalf, 2" drop spindles and air ride.

Hey look it's the same front fenders in both pictures!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I assume lowering blocks are the best way in back and drop spindles up front?

Actually the best way to lower the rear of a leafspring car is to send the springs to a spring shop and have them de-arched.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All these cars look great! Thanks for all of the pictures and details. It confirms I want the bottom of the wheelwell pretty much at the top of the wheel. I love the way the Promods and Outlaw 10.5 and 8.5 cars look. I think the perfect look would be 315/60-15s for the street but that would take alot of expensive cutting and narrowing so I will stick with the 275/60s. With Caltracs would dearching the leafs still be the best bet to get the back down a little?

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
You can de-arch the leaf spring, but just make sure that anymore than 1.5-2"
you may rub on the qtr. panel under hard launch.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts

Uncut small block Moroso springs in front, stock multi leafs in back with two of the five leafs removed. Not as low as some, but it's as low as it can go without some serious rubbing issues.
hey there,
I love the color of this paint- share the wealth.
love to see a side pic if you can pm me or simply post one that would be great!
nice car!
thanks

steve

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
hey there,
I love the color of this paint- share the wealth.
love to see a side pic if you can pm me or simply post one that would be great!
nice car!
thanks

steve
The color is House of Kolor "Dark teal Shimrin pearl". Unfortunately it doesn't look like they make that color anymore. I guess I'm SOL if I ever need to repaint anything.

The only side shots I've got at the moment are these crappy scans.

John.

·
Registered
135 Posts

275/60r15 out back, 235/60?r15's up front with 2 inch lowering spindles and sagging stock rear leafs. only rubs with me and two people in the car and we hit a small bump.

Always hits the headers coming off of speed bumps.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts