bumpers or other years on them ....i need ideas :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
103 Posts
i thought, and i could be reallt wrong, that the only difference is in the shock assembly and the heavy bumper insert. i think the bumpers themselves are the same with the same shape and profile.
-jay

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
73' only has to big bumper brackets that hold the front bumper into place, it wasnt till 74' they they started using the bumper shocks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks :D

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
The 73/74 front bumper shells look to be the same to me. The rear bumper shells are different. The 73's rear bumper has a more squared off shape to it, especialy along the top under the tail lights. I actually prefer the shape of the 74's more than the 73's. Of coarse I may be a little bias.

Compare this 73 to the 74 posted above.

John.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I saw a pic where someone put a Camaro rear bumper and made a roll pan on a Nova.... That looked awesome.... Any one have that pic?

·
Registered
81 Posts
73 bumper to a 72

hi my 73 ventura had the big heavy bumper took the support and bumper and thru it i bought a 72 bumper with 72 brackets went to put it on the holes ar not the same i had to weld a plate on the bottom of the valane and put the other two holes in it for the bumper brace heres a pic hope it helps

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I would also go one step further and shorten up the length that wraps around the side of the car by cutting like an inch or two out and welding it back together.

I have contiplated doing this also. The rear would be the easier one. You would need to take two sections out somewhere under each tail light in order to keep the depression under the licence plate correct width.

The front bumper would be tough. You can't just hack out a couple inches in the middle of the bumper or the depressions under the headlights won't line up. In order to make it look original you would need to take the section out of each corner radius, which would take quite a bit of cutting, grinding and re-shaping to make look good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts