Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm feeling old tonight, so I thought about a lot of tracks that I've been to and all the tracks that has closed.
Now, I've been drag racing since 1969 and I've travel all over the Midwest and Midsouth since I grew up in Southeast Missouri which is about half way between Memphis and St. Louis.
The only track that is still left is George Ray's at Paragould,Ar.
Maybe I'm trying to relive my youth and the fact the Mr. Ray is 84, it seems to me that I would really enjoy a trip to his track(opened in 1961).
I can remember being a teenager with big dreams and a small pocket book racing for all that I had.
I won a lot and got my butt kick more than a few times, but I've had a good life at racing(ex-wifes don't count).
So I'm gonna make a trip to George Ray's.
Who wants to go?
Mike

·
Registered
606 Posts
First time I saw that place was on hot rod tv a couple years back and have always wanted to go since. I hope I get the chance before its in the history books with all the other "grass roots" strips

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can find more about George Ray's on Mid-South Racers dot Com the track has their own forum on MSR. They usually post pics and results after every race on Sunday. The track is located at Paragould, Arkansas about 90 miles north of me.
The racers that race at the Wildcat (as the strip is called) are a people that grew up racing there and are a very dedicated group. They always have a great turn out and George is always there.
Craig, Cave City, Arkansas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts