Chevy Nova Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My name is Joe and I became a member at Stevesnovasite just over 10 years ago. This is about my 1905th post on this forum and in all the years I’ve been on here many members have come and gone but through it all the membership has always remained a friendly, helpful, and informative environment with which to ask questions, share knowledge, and experiences about our Nova’s.. I joined this forum after my girlfriend at the time and I acquired a 63ss that was pretty rough and figured I’d need to get myself familiarized with the car we’d just picked up and having come across this site on numerous searches for different information I was looking for it seemed like this was the place to get informed.. Well fast forward to today and many things have changed around here but the site is still here and we continue to bring new members into the community.. I have stayed here as an active member as I really appreciate the environment here and the membership that makes this community a solid supportive family like atmosphere to move our projects along.. I am know on my 4th Nova and still really dig these old cars.. I look forward to more experiences with the community here and possibly some events and activities to get us together with our cars and members on a personal level..

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Hello - My Name is Jim and I became a member of SNS back in May '09 . I have ,over the years, sent-out a lot of "Friends Request" for many 'Nova People' that are on this Great Site. And, most (I think) have accepted , with out even knowing me - Thanks guys - . Since that point , I have been very lucky by getting too meet many of these Great People . Some , I have met , hung out with , got too cruise with (some guys even more than a few times) , got too share some " Nova Time " with , and all , making some Solid Friends .
My Car : 69 Nova 2dr , 250 ci - Six , (started out with) 2-speed P/G trans , still has stock 3:08 - 8.2 rear , with "what's left of the original " # 50 - Dover White paint . But, to me , the true
option on this Nova is the FACTORY A / C , still mounted to the 250 / six engine .

So, for some History : This car was bought new in Phoenix, Az (by William Rudy , aka as grandpa (not my grandpa) . . . . . but, my good friend that I had known for 14 / 15 yrs. ( also, named William Rudy , aka as Bud). We lived in a 'one horse town' and worked together . . . so, at that time
(after going through my divorce , I only had one vehicle, and needed a car). I had asked Bud if he knew or had any older cars that he wanted too sell . . . . no !
After thinking it over - - Bud tells me " we have my Grandpa's car up in Kingman" . We need to move it -- I asked ; what kinda car - Ford / Chev / Dodge ? ……. "It's a Chevy , but I don't remember what kind " . Turns out to be this - 69 Nova . They go to Kingman Bud (grandson) & his dad (Jim Rudy - grandpa's son) . . . . they bring the car back to Bagdad, AZ ; and, that's when things change. I see Bud about a week later - - tells me that they might keep th' Nova , because , being a "family car" . . . . his Dad wants it . I don't even go and look at this car (no sale, why bother), but, as I'm leaving town . . . I can see where the car is parked - - - - looks ok .
Two months later - - I see Bud - - and, he asked me if I might still want the Chevy ( I "paused" for 'bout 6 seconds ) - - - asked - - - "How Much . . . (Bud) I want $ 700.00 for the car " .
Then, my answer was - well, I need too look it over , can I drive it ? . . . . THAT was the BEST 700 I've spent . . . . I'm still driving this car. I have made some changes (just in the last few years) - - (but, I also drove this car for 15 - 17 yrs , keeping it all original (250 motor, 1bbl carb, p/g, still original seats - that were shot ) . Over the years , reading about guys on SNS building
and , modifying their 'Six cylinder engines' , I started buying parts - - like ; Holley 390 4bbl , OFFY intake , Langdons split-exhaust, Clifford intake , spare six motors ( I now have 6 motor at this point )and "all that glitters" , too fix my engine. Here's the 'Kicker' - - I bought some of that stuff & let it set in-the-shop for like over 3 years . . . . because my Nova ran so well (if it ain't broke - . . . ).
Here, I can also add that because of my very good friend & SNS member (xten57 - Gerry ), I also bit th' bullit and up-graded my old 'p/g trans' to a rebuilt (new) Borg - Warner T 5
5speed tranny. Speaking of SNS friends , I also have a like brand - new - front - bench - seat (thanks again , Gerry).
for some good news - - Diana & I made our 1st date in th' Nova , going on 23 years, now.

So, That's my Story - - - it's a lot longer than some . . . but, I'm here for the long haul . . . ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . . . right . . . Joe ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ (another good SNS friend) .

Thanks for reading . . . jim

ps . . so, join - in & stick around . . . . . (a lot of guys have come & long gone ) .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello - My Name is Jim and I became a member of SNS back in May '09 . I have ,over the years, sent-out a lot of "Friends Request" for many 'Nova People' that are on this Great Site. And, most (I think) have accepted , with out even knowing me - Thanks guys - . Since that point , I have been very lucky by getting too meet many of these Great People . Some , I have met , hung out with , got too cruise with (some guys even more than a few times) , got too share some " Nova Time " with , and all , making some Solid Friends .
My Car : 69 Nova 2dr , 250 ci - Six , (started out with) 2-speed P/G trans , still has stock 3:08 - 8.2 rear , with "what's left of the original " # 50 - Dover White paint . But, to me , the true
option on this Nova is the FACTORY A / C , still mounted to the 250 / six engine .

So, for some History : This car was bought new in Phoenix, Az (by William Rudy , aka as grandpa (not my grandpa) . . . . . but, my good friend that I had known for 14 / 15 yrs. ( also, named William Rudy , aka as Bud). We lived in a 'one horse town' and worked together . . . so, at that time
(after going through my divorce , I only had one vehicle, and needed a car). I had asked Bud if he knew or had any older cars that he wanted too sell . . . . no !
After thinking it over - - Bud tells me " we have my Grandpa's car up in Kingman" . We need to move it -- I asked ; what kinda car - Ford / Chev / Dodge ? ……. "It's a Chevy , but I don't remember what kind " . Turns out to be this - 69 Nova . They go to Kingman Bud (grandson) & his dad (Jim Rudy - grandpa's son) . . . . they bring the car back to Bagdad, AZ ; and, that's when things change. I see Bud about a week later - - tells me that they might keep th' Nova , because , being a "family car" . . . . his Dad wants it . I don't even go and look at this car (no sale, why bother), but, as I'm leaving town . . . I can see where the car is parked - - - - looks ok .
Two months later - - I see Bud - - and, he asked me if I might still want the Chevy ( I "paused" for 'bout 6 seconds ) - - - asked - - - "How Much . . . (Bud) I want $ 700.00 for the car " .
Then, my answer was - well, I need too look it over , can I drive it ? . . . . THAT was the BEST 700 I've spent . . . . I'm still driving this car. I have made some changes (just in the last few years) - - (but, I also drove this car for 15 - 17 yrs , keeping it all original (250 motor, 1bbl carb, p/g, still original seats - that were shot ) . Over the years , reading about guys on SNS building
and , modifying their 'Six cylinder engines' , I started buying parts - - like ; Holley 390 4bbl , OFFY intake , Langdons split-exhaust, Clifford intake , spare six motors ( I now have 6 motor at this point )and "all that glitters" , too fix my engine. Here's the 'Kicker' - - I bought some of that stuff & let it set in-the-shop for like over 3 years . . . . because my Nova ran so well (if it ain't broke - . . . ).
Here, I can also add that because of my very good friend & SNS member (xten57 - Gerry ), I also bit th' bullit and up-graded my old 'p/g trans' to a rebuilt (new) Borg - Warner T 5
5speed tranny. Speaking of SNS friends , I also have a like brand - new - front - bench - seat (thanks again , Gerry).
for some good news - - Diana & I made our 1st date in th' Nova , going on 23 years, now.

So, That's my Story - - - it's a lot longer than some . . . but, I'm here for the long haul . . . ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . . . right . . . Joe ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ (another good SNS friend) .

Thanks for reading . . . jim

ps . . so, join - in & stick around . . . . . (a lot of guys have come & long gone ) .

Hi my name is Doug, I live in KY. I am restoring my wifes 74 nova. I have working on it for about 4yrs. I have just retired about a mo. ago. I like drag racing and nascar. I pull mod. garden tractors in southern IN. I am not much on ball games, I am in carport working on something most of the time. My wife and I go Hot Rod reuion every yr. Now that I am not working we will be going to more events this yr. We are home bodies on our farm. I guess this sounds boring , but this who we are. I enjoy reading the everyday. Thanks Doug!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Hi Doug in KY. - - - - are you close to the ' South Carolina ' area . . . ? . (closer than - - me ).

I ask, because - I know one SNS member around the ' Spartanburg , SC ' area , that has just moved up there with his " 74 Nova " , and you may see him roaming around - - he's a driver, for sure. His Nova does have a " SNS Sticker " stuck on his windows, so look out for : " Poindexter "

later . . . . . jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jim I got your message,but I live near Owensboro,KY. I would like to meet you sometime. Where do you live. Thanks Doug!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Jim I got your message,but I live near Owensboro,KY. I would like to meet you sometime. Where do you live. Thanks Doug!
Doug , I added my address at the lower 'sig. area' (and, year of car - - city & state - - type of engine info ) , because this new SNS site now Does Not Include That Info , anymore .

For example : If I see someone post (and list their address) and , maybe I lived close by ….. then , that may catch my attention . Same thing ; if someone post about 'Their Nova Six Engine' . . . (and, I like Chevy Sixes - ) , that also may catch my attention.

and, YES I would like to meet you, also. Plus, I HAVE Met MANY SNS Members from this site - - ALL of Whom have been very Great People too meet. Afew members , I get too see once or twice a year . That's with - - - "Poindexter" - - - ; I never knew him ( BUT, I did know his wife - for many years - I just didn't know Chris ). We got to meet up on the
"Route 66 Fun Run" back in 2013 . . . . and, have been doing that 'Run' each year since. PLUS, Chris Is Now Our Son-in-Law - . (He is married to our daughter Elizabeth . . . . . . . . . . . but, up & moved to N. Carolina , last Nov ) .

We live in : Chino Valley, Arizona . . . . . Northern Arizona , close to Prescott . . . . . . . thanks for asking , jim

241 - 247 of 247 Posts