Chevy Nova Forum banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. My name is Bob. I've had an attachment to Novas since my Mom owned one in the late 70s. I learned to drive and took my drivers test in that car, and have been looking for one for the past few years. I lucked out and got a nice one with a blown engine, and have recently replaced it. There's still a little interior work to do, and some body work, but it's licensed and on the road, and I'm very happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
15" rallye wheels on my 77?

I bought this last summer and it has American racing wheels in 14". Put new kyb shocks all around and new body to frame bushings. The tires are really wide and the fronts scrape the fenders inside. Can I put 15" Rallye wheels with the trim rings and derby caps from Summit on this baby? 7x15 on the front and 8x15 on the rear. They said to check the offset and bolt pattern (which is okay). The tires are p225-70r14 Tiger Paws all the way around. The 15" rallys would look really nice but I wanna be sure. Thanks for your help.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dan

Hi, My name's Dan and I'm a caraholic. Currently own a fully restored 1957 Belair hardtop with dual quads and a 1964 Chevy II sedan with a 327, Muncie 4 speed and Auburn Posi 373 rear. Really fun car and plans are to tweak the motor this winter with vortec heads and a better manifold. Needs just a little body work but should be ready for the street by April '17.:yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! New Member

Hello, Great to be on the site! I don't have a Nova or Chevy II right now but have always been a fan. I enjoy checking out the awesome photos in the gallery photos!
Thanks and Great to be here!
Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, decided it was time to join the site officially since I'm on it all the time reading all the great info! My name is Caleb I'm 30 years old, married with a 6 week old baby girl. I have a 1966 Chevy II Nova two door, all stock except for a crate 350 that replaced the 283 when it bit the dust. I got the car when I was in 8th grade and it was my first car I drove around throughout high school. Don't plan on ever getting rid of it. In fact I'm about to start some major overhauls and restorations! Anyway happy to be a part of this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, new around here, and to restoration in general. I picked up a 1975 Nova LN from a friend that has a ton of work to do. All of my mechanical background is in bicycles, so I thought it would be a nice project to work on something with an engine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Little about myself,

Hello, just joined the forum, I live in riverton wyo. I go by the name Snappytravis because I sold snap on tools for 8 years. Before that I was a Bodyshop Technician, Bodyman, painter, Manager. It was a hobby turned into a job! I have been working on cars for about 30 years now.. most of my life it seems like. Started out helping dad when I was a kid, I recently finished a 69 Camaro pro touring car.
My wife had twins last year and I seem to all of the sudden acquired a taste for station wagons! I purchased a 1962 Nova 400 wagon last week, I plan to install a 5.3 possibly and auto trans, Looking forward to meeting a few members with the same car crazy hobby..

·
Registered
1 Posts
New, old guy

Hi guys, not new to the site but haven't been here in so long I had to start all over...short version of who and what is 63 chevy II, started out as a 100 series car and has been converted to a shaved and slammed street sleeper, dusted in pale yellow primer and sleelies. Mildly built 355, TH350, slit bench, seat and radio delete....was looking at selling the old girl but got sick driving it over to the shop for an offer, decided to keep her and possibly finish her out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone Im Mitch, im not real techy so not sure how to negotiate this forum yet but, im trying. Live in Northern Maryland with my 3rd wife, kids are all grown and i just retired at 60. Ive been in the restoration game for 40 years and have had and performed miricles on many Novas. I currently purchased a 65 chevyII for a project. Its been in a building since 96 when it hit a deer in the left headlight. Of course the insurance co totaled it and the people bought it back so they could repair it. Never happened. Great parts, floor pan and the car is complete.
My big problem is in August i reinjured my leg and got to do this surgery in Febuary with a 1 year heeling process. Anybody out there would like to purchase this car let me know. If it doesnt go it will have to sit till im whole again. Thx for the ears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone my names dave and im a 37 yr old father of two, together we live in gatineau qc ( next to ottawa on ). im a tower crane operator and in my spare time love working in the shop. boats,bikes,atvs and sleds have been my hobby for a long time but im ready for a new challenge. im in the process of purchasing my latest project which is a beautiful 73 nova. this will be my first major restoration but i think i have matured enough and have gained enough patience to tackle the job. i will probobly riddle this place with questions for the next few years but hope that i may some day return the help that was givin to me. thanks for the awsome site stevesnovasite and see you guys around !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! My name is Tyler Scarfe, and my wife Dawn and I own HPI Customs in Manitoba, Canada! We are a family run custom car shop that together with my boys Lincoln and Cooper (5 and 3) and our awesome staff build high quality, high end custom cars, primarily pro touring genre, and have an in house made product line! We are personally working on a 66 Nova sedan, and in the process of restoring/restomodding a 63 SS for a client. We joined to contribute to your awesome community, as well as get some knowledge and insight into a few details on our current build.

We also have another Nova build coming up! Hopefully we can share some cool ideas and insight with you all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
OLD Newbie 65 Chevy II

Well I finally decided it was time to start on the family heirloom! I am new to this website and expect to visit many post for wisdom. I am a Ford man but don't start hating, I own a 1965 Chevy II 194 powerglide 4 dr. This vehicle was purchased brand new by my grandfather from Bellwood Chevrolet in Maywood Calif. He drove it till he could no longer then my grandmother drove it till she bought a 1971 Nova 307 auto silver with the vinyl top. My dad sold that when I was gone to college and I cried. Luckily he held on to the latter and I have had the Chevy II in my possession since 1990 in moth balls. In high school I learn how to drive in it received my first citation in it and my first date. I plan to breathe life into it once again and drive it on weekends. The only thing wrong with it aside from not being started since 1990 is the 8 Earl Schieb paint jobs my dad put on it that are still peeling off! The interior was redone in the mid 80's and the interior is all original with no new dash holes! This car means alot to me even though it is a 4dr because it was the 1st car my gramps could afford after having to leave Cuba with the communistic take over by Fidel Castro. My dad and grandfather escaped with their lives leaving behind his job with ESSO (Exxon) refinery as a super-intendant. My dads and my grandfathers homes were confiscated by the new commies *******s and given to one of their own kronnie. The home my dad had was built by my grandfather to my mother and father as a wedding present. After the redistribution of wealth, my father took my pregnant mother two sisters grandfather and grandmother to NYC without any where or anyone to stay with where he held 3 jobs to get ahead. My gramps worked as well to get to California! Thanks for reading this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jj 67

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and just wondering how I can get info on gathering, shows, cruises in so cal area. I live in Anaheim and interested hanging out with other Nova guys. Thanks JJ

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I am new to this site but have been stalking threads here for years. I live in Kansas with my wife and 3 kiddos. I bought a 1976 Nova back in 2001 and have slowly (I do mean SLOWLY) working on it for the last 18 years. I've been in the military the entire time that I have owned the car and it's been challenging to restore it like I wanted to. I am retiring this year and am looking forward to taking the car apart and fixing it right. I enjoy reading the posts here and enjoy the pictures of the sweet Novas even more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi my name is Bob used to be a member of this site about 5 years ago. I own a 64 hard top that I have owned since 1990. I got involved with circle track racing and the nova ended up on the back burner I have retired from racing and now want to finish my car I have been slowly collecting parts for it over the years and look forward to finally getting to work on it. This is a great site good members and lots of knowledge on here I am looking forward to picking your brains about any bumps
In the road on my new adventure ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Brad. I am 21 years old, and I have a super low budget as I am a college student.

I am studying mechanical engineering and I'm not sure where getting this degree will take me in my life, but I hope to be able to have time and money to work on Novas.

Thank you all for reading and I hope you have a great day.

221 - 240 of 249 Posts