Chevy Nova Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member,

Hi everyone, I thought it was time to get to really know each other, or for some to get reacquainted.:)

Post a little bit about yourselves, where you’re from, your favourite team sports teams, your likes or dislikes, the cars you own. Anything you would like to share with us all. I'll start.

My online names on the site are both admin and novaless, they are both pretty self-explanatory so there’s no need to explain what those username indication or mean. :bored:

I hail from the Great White North, and presently work in the City of Ottawa, Ontario. However, I live and travel home every weekend to Petawawa which is located West of Ottawa about an hour and a half drive. I’ve lived there since ’94. Ottawa is the home of the Ottawa Senators (this isn’t political), :D but my favourite NHL team is the Montreal Canadians. GO HABS GO!

I'm married and Sandie and I have no children. I work in the Canadian Army, in the communications branch.

I don’t own a Chevy II or Nova right now, but I’m always looking. The life expectancy of older cars in Canada is quite short because of all the salt they throw on the roads during the winter, so it’s difficult to locate a nice Nova that someone is willing to sell for my price. All my cars and the truck are Chevys. I love Nova, but I’m sure you know that. I like running and still compete at my young age, as well I spend a lot of time boating in the summer.

Enough about me lets hear about you. :) You can start your own thread.
Hi new member Ray. I live in Goshen, Ohio, 30 miles east of Cincinnati, My interest are Building model cars, Old real cars and trucks and Farmall cub tractors. I own a original 70 SS 396 with the 402 engine I bought off the original owner in 1987. THe car is unmolested except a 427 vette tri power carb combination was installed in 1973. Its a stripped down model, only having the SS package with a Muncie 4 speed and shifter. It has a radio and 14 inch rally wheels as add on options. Forest green with a dark green interior. I also have a 74 Trans Am Firebird. Bucanneer Red with a 400 4 speed. 18,000 original miles. I helped order this car with a friend in October of 1973. It took 5 months until it was delivered to him. I have all the original paper work, including a letter sent to him from the dealer, Loan papers, and window sticker. $4400.00 he paid for it ,$60.00 a month. I love old cars, any make.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Kent. I live in Shawnee, KS. I have a 1966 Nova SS. It's a pretty stock SS with a 327 that was built to replicate an L79, although I don't think all the ponies are in the coral. I have done some recent suspension work with new coil overs in front and lowering springs in the back. I have QA1 double adjustable shocks. It had pretty spooky handling prior to the work, but is much better now. I have a few things on the list for this year, some sound deadening and perhaps a new harness. It also has some really questionable wiring. Overall though, a pretty nice car.

I, along with two sons, own a small company that designs and builds conveyor systems for bulk material handling. We build a lot of systems for mining operations, predominantly gold and copper mines. We also do systems for barge loading and unloading, rail car loading and unloading as well. We used to do a lot for quarries, sand and gravel, but that market has been pretty much in the dumper since 2008.

I am married for 39 years, and just moving to a place with some acreage and plan to build a nice garage for the toys.

That's about it.
DSC_3663_1280x960.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok, I've been a member for some years now. I've got a '66 Chevy II. It's been mine since 1984. Originally Regal Red, then black, and now with a Red exterior and interior. Original front seats and back seats redone in red leather. A 3 speed on the tree with a V-8 from the factory, but now a non working 327 with a Muncie M22. Been saving my money to really fix this car.

Hope to have it on the road by the end of summer or fall of '16. I visit this site daily except when on vacation. Don't see too many 2nd generation Chevy II's down here in San Antonio. I see mostly 3rd and 4th generation Novas.

My father had a '64 with a/c and a 6 cylinder and powerglide transmission back when a car like this was just a used car. He didn't keep it long.

Really lots of valuable info here on this site. One day I will post photos.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Hi, everyone ive been a member here since i was around 14 or 15. Now im 30 years old and will be 31 in july. I got my first nova a 77 rally 305/th350 has all the origanl paper work from the dealer. when i was 13 and i drove it until I was about 18. Then i stripped it down and put it in the body shop to get painted. I made the deal with the guy and paid him in advance. I told him to take his time and i want it done right. he never called me, so after 3 or 4 months i went to check on it and it was sitting out in the rain with spots all over her sanded down to bare metal and a foot deep of water in the floor boards. I asked what the heck is going on. He told me he was done and isnt going to paint my car or anyone elses anymore. So my dreams got crushed, I took the car home and the front driver floor was gone due to the water sitting in it. under the rear 1/4 windows, bottom of the doors, trunk lid, trunk floor have some rust holes. I just covered her up with a tarp after putting rust stopper on the rusted spots. Im kinda at the point of just having her crushed because she is in bad shape. the car was 100% rust free before it was sent to the paint shop.

I have two more novas but will never mean as much to me as the 77. I have a 78 that was a pro street/drag car. that I bought and put a 454 in.

I have a 76 that I just bought from a fellow member. that im redoing for my wife. it has a 350 with 302 heads and a th350.

My dream car is a 70-72 2dr nova but i just cant find one in buildable shape. everyone i find is completly gone or just cut up to be tube or something.

I have always loved novas, I can spot one from a mile away and just about break my neck to get a good look at them. I even named my daughter after them. her middle name is nova. My wife found it in a baby book and i told her their was no way she wasnt going to be name nova. She told me it would be ok to have it as her first name but I thought it would be alittle to much.

My plans are to have a nova built to give my dad, my wife, and my daughter when she turns 16 is now 2 1/2.

Other things I like to do is fish and living in panama city fl all my life. I have gotten good at it. My fav type of fishing is shark fishing tag and release only. My buddy last year around this time caught a great white shark from the beach very exciting to see one in real life.

I also like to hunt, but i get buck fever bad and have missed every deer i shot at. So i havent been hunting in a few years.

Most of all love spending time with my family.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just found this place

I'm in the process of purchasing my first Nova from a friend of mine. The last I'd seen of him was at the drag strip a few years back. Anyway's, I see a clean Nova for sale, get directions to the house and it was my friend selling his Nova. Hopefully be able to pick it up this week. Was searching the net to do some research on Nova's when I found this site. You guys have some beautiful Novas...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the add. Just picked up a little little 62 coupe that has been sitting over a decade. Drained all fluids and got her fired up. Now the fun begins

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone

Hi Im Dave, live in central NY, just joined today. (diehard NY Giants fan)
Just got my 63 chevy II last month. First 60s car ive ever owned. Im an enthusiast more than a mechanic but am looking forward to learn as much as i can and try to do as much of my own work as i can on my new toy.
the car i learned to drive was my dad's 80 camaro, my first car was an 84 trans am, have had an 85 iroc with ttops, 90 iroc convertible, 71 cougar, 80 malibu. Last year i picked up an 88 mustang gt convertible but got rid of it a couple of months later because i realized i didnt satisfy my desire to have a true classic muscle car so i just picked up my 63 chevy II with a s/b 350, 700r4 auto trany converted to floor shift. It has front disc brakes, hope to convert rear brakes soon and looking to have it professionally converted to power steering. (It takes me 15 minutes to park it in my tight side garage lol)
Hoping to latch on to a car club and start off as a cruiser and hopefully learn some mechanical stuff on the way. This site looks to be the place on the internet when it comes to Novas thanks to all its members and administrators so thanks for having me.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Hi Im Dave, live in central NY, just joined today. Just got my 63 chevy II last month. First 60s car ive ever owned. Im an enthusiast more than a mechanic but am looking forward to learn as much as i can and try to do as much of my own work as i can on my new toy.
the car i learned to drive was my dad's 80 camaro, my first car was an 84 trans am, have had an 85 iroc with ttops, 90 iroc convertible, 71 cougar, 80 malibu. Last year i picked up an 88 mustang gt convertible but got rid of it a couple of months later because i realized i didnt satisfy my desire to have a true classic muscle car so i just picked up my 63 chevy II with a s/b 350, 700r4 auto trany converted to floor shift. It has front disc brakes, hope to convert rear brakes soon and looking to have it professionally converted to power steering. (It takes me 15 minutes to park it in my tight side garage lol)
Hoping to latch on to a car club and start off as a cruiser and hopefully learn some mechanical stuff on the way. This site looks to be the place on the internet when it comes to Novas thanks to all its members and administrators so thanks for having me.
:welcome:to Steves,feel free to join in and enjoy all of the great things that happen here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all just joined and also just bought a 64 2dr sedan. Live in Oregon just south of Portland and am hoping to pick up some pointers for my build. As you can see it's got a ways to go but you gotta start somewhere, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi My name is Monica. I have a 74 Chevy nova that I have been building for the past three years. I've put a new 350 small block engine. Rims and tires. I took the hooker headers off and went back to the stock exhaust manifold. Replaced the floor pans due to rust. It's not about the destination but the journey and its definetly had its ups And downs.i purchased my nova cause growing up my father had a 74. Ironically I use to be embarrassed by his and now I own one. Lol I'm in the process of getting her painted. I have two chihuahuas and live in Texas.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, I'm new to the group and new to forums and am fumbling around so please excuse me if I post incorrectly.

I'm from Homedale, Idaho and have several vintage vehicles including a 1969 Nova SS 396. I need help decoding a VIN number and wonder if any of you can refer me to a website in order to decode this. I have all but the last 6 numbers. I've been told my NOVA may be a rare car that was built for racing.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Jim and I am new to this forum. I have a 67 Nova 383 stroker, Muncie 4spd, 373 positive 12 bolt. Had this car for 23 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi all,
My name is Ted. A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a 68 nova with a new 350 hp crate motor for the kid (and me ;) It'll be his daily driver once he gets his license, he has his permit now.
Well, I have some work to do now. Just got a 700r4 with a 2500 converter. It's snowballed into a B&M shifter, interior kit half installed already, aluminum radiator (in transit from summit), tranny cooler, ez TV cable kit, B&M lock up controller, S.S. fuel tank, 3/" lines...
The list just keeps getting longer. haha. Cool thing about it is, the kid is excited about it, and wants to do some work on it.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
where about in the East Bay? We have quite few that live over here. Watch the South West Forum for information on what is going on in the Nor Cal Nova family. We have our cruise to Santa Cruz coming up and we have our Nor Cal Nova Family reunion car show coming up on Labor Day weekend in Pleasanton. Hope to meet you at one of our events.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love this site!

Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy. I am 40 years old. I live in northern Texas. I own a 66 Chevy II and a 68 Camaro. My father (who got me into classic chevys) owns a 71 Corvette Stingray. I previously owned a 66 Chevelle SS and a 73 Z28. Many of you have helped me and don't even know it, so... Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello, fellow Nova Nuts. My name is Joe and I live in the San francisco bay area,Castro Valley Ca. I have been in the construction industry for 35 years, I am a tilesetter who installs all sorts of materials, shapes, and sizes related to tile, marble, and granite.
I love Rottweilers and Chevy trucks and of course my favorite is the 66-67 Nova. I am married, and we have a 6 year old granddaughter that we love to spend time with.Looking forward to meeting some of you and discussing upgrades and the pros and cons that go with those.I have had the Novavirus for many years now. I recemntly purchased my dream Nova a 1967 and it has turned into a nightmare. I will explain more later. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. My name is Ty, I'm 43 years old from Ellensburg, Washington. A former Alaska commercial fisherman, I relocated to the lower 48 about a decade ago. I am a historian, and most recently wrote a book about African American baseball pioneer, Jimmy Claxton. Love baseball, BBQ, and driving my Nova.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a New Owner of a 63 Deuce,this is my favorite muscle Car. I have alot of great ideas that I want to do to it. Will own this Car to my last day on this Earth! I live in the State of Maryland,,

201 - 220 of 249 Posts